Bunny Hopping in CSS?

MrHood22

Supreme [H]ardness
How the F*** do you do it?!?

I've been playing the game for years and i can't figure out how to do it without having to do something stupid like binding the scroll wheel to jump.

takes a lot of practice... but I thought they took the possibility out with CSS? maybe I'm mistaken... might require a server setting

there weren't any key combos other than specific degree arcs of mouse turning in coordination/timing with jumps iirc

Hate to point out the obvious, but a .5 second search on Google yielded some results, you might check there. ;)

I have some bad thread diarrhea, so:
Bunny hopping in FPS games is so stupid. Not only do you look retarded doing it, but it also throws off your own accuracy. I loved pwning the bunnies in NOLF. Good luck with that, though. :p

Hate to point out the obvious, but a .5 second search on Google yielded some results, you might check there. ;)

I have some bad thread diarrhea, so:
Bunny hopping in FPS games is so stupid. Not only do you look retarded doing it, but it also throws off your own accuracy. I loved pwning the bunnies in NOLF. Good luck with that, though. :p

The point of hopping CSS is not for avoiding fire or anything like that, it's for getting from point A to B quicker. Just watch some CEVO-P demos.

Most people bind +jump to mwheeldown/up and just strafe while jumping using the scroll wheel. It's not that simple though, it takes a lot of practice.

Bunny hopping if for retards.*

*not to offend any retards, but this shit is retarded.

agreed.

it's fun to do though if you're fucking around just to see how fast you can go and then get owned, lol

I remember being able to bunny hop in cs 1.0. there was even loop bugs in cs to allow ez bunny hops with loop jump scripts. I would say bunny hop makes getting somewhere a lot faster. It is a cheap way to get to spots that people dont expect

Most people bind +jump to mwheeldown/up and just strafe while jumping using the scroll wheel. It's not that simple though, it takes a lot of practice.

This.
Binding it to mousewheel and taking alot of practice is the way to do it. Try long A on dust 2 as practice.

Its pretty fun and gets you to places quicker than running if you do it correctly.
Takes a bit of time to be able to do it, but its much easier than bhopping in 1.6 IMO.

Most people bind jump to scroll wheel. You must do this in conjunction with moving up to either side, and over a certain number of degrees. There are also different types of bunny hopping, such as a V style and a more "swirled" style.

What's stupid about binding mwheeldown to +jump? What else do you use the scroll for? Don't say switching weapons =P

Anyway, I'm sure you can do it via regular spacebarring along, but getting into rhythm is much easier when all you have to do is scroll down...

I could never really get it right in source, but with 1.5 and before, trying to hit the spacebar while hitting "a" and "d" in time was significantly more difficult than just scrolling and moving the mouse.

In CS/CS:S when players say "bunny hopping", what they really mean is "successive strafe jumping".
In CS you can't just pound the jump key and hop around the map like a madman like the older DM FPS games.

You should first master a single strafe jump (doing a simple typical strafe jump is easy, however timing it so the angle/velocity/direction is at maximum is the hard part (In CS:S for example, at T spawn on nuke you can get to the pipe on big yellow tank from the roof in ONE single strafe jump. (aka the red "rock jump"))) - then master chaining successive jumps together. You need to co-ordinate the direction you are strafing in with the mouselook and at the same time have precise timing with the jump key (which is why its easier to do if jump is bound to your middle mouse button).

Bunny hopping in CS/CSS you don't use your forward key, you use your strafe keys (A and D usually) along with the mouse and jump key. First get to max velocity (hold down A for example) then jump and at the same time you jump turn your mouse to the left smoothly (maybe about 30 -40 degrees or so), then a little before you hit the ground do the opposite, move your mouse smoothly to the right while holding D, and the millisecond you hit the ground press jump. Repeat - sounds simple but can take months to master.

There's a few video tutorials out there like this one,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ea0ByYCPWOA
which might help you.

Note: depending on which league you are playing in, binding jump/crouch to a button on your mouse may be illegal, and bunny hopping may also be illegal. Check your league rules, or preferably don't rely on bunny hopping in the first place.

I learned how to strafe jump in Q3 just for the hell of it lol...not that I was great at it by any means...I just enjoyed it.

Completely unrelated but one should try dualies bound to mousewheel for firing for much fun!

I learned how to strafe jump in Q3 just for the hell of it lol...not that I was great at it by any means...I just enjoyed it.

Yeah, but it was pretty much an accepted "feature" in Q3.

Oh man, RA3...I miss it.

Yeah, but it was pretty much an accepted "feature" in Q3.

Oh man, RA3...I miss it.

Yea, I played UT2k3 and 2k4 and I always liked learning all the trick jumps for a map even if some of them were useless for online play. I'm still not that great at strafe-jumping....hell I've only made the bridge-to-rail jump in DM6 a handful of times lol.

Its possible, but hte technique is quite hard, search youtube videos on it and there will be something to help

if you want to bhop, you MUST bind the mouse wheel scroll to +jump. Its the only way to do it consistantly. It took me 1 month to get it down.

Back