Bungie's 'Next Universe'

HardOCP News

[H] News
Wonder what Bungie has been up to since parting ways with Microsoft? Apparently this is it. While this image screams Lost Planet meets The Empire Strikes Back, I'll reserve judgment until we get a chance to see more than just concept art.

Never played more than 10 mins of any halo game ever. but i hear the story in halo is not to bad

I hope this is good and comes on PC, i really like that art for some reason, just gives a cool feel to it wana play around in that game world lol. Not to many games set with snow for some reason

I suppose at least some guy got paid to make those... It's not really much to go by... It's just some concept art some guy did, which is like step 1 out of 10000. :D

Mind you, it would be funny if Bungie gave Micro$haft the big middle finger, and released this game only on Apple and Linux platforms. :p

There's nothing funny about a games studio being forced to close down because only 5 people bought it. :p

Did they say that, or are you just assuming?

Without being tied directly to MS anymore, they might go back to PC...

This is what I was thinking.

And Activision is publishing it, they're pretty good about PC releases, aren't they?

Wonder what Bungie has been up to since parting ways with Microsoft? Apparently this is it. While this image screams Lost Planet meets The Empire Strikes Back, I'll reserve judgment until we get a chance to see more than just concept art.

Given the bug it made me think starship troopers..

Did they say that, or are you just assuming?

Without being tied directly to MS anymore, they might go back to PC...

one of the screen shots looked like this, shows PS3 and 360 but no PC there :(

granted I am still assuming cause nothing has been officially announced but if this screen is legit I would be less than hopeful :(

destiny%20splash%20PSU.jpg

They tried to announce something different a few years ago. Never happened.

Halo "Next Gen" Game. Coming soon.

granted I am still assuming cause nothing has been officially announced but if this screen is legit I would be less than hopeful :(

Gotcha. Yeah, I would say that's not conclusive but it sure doesn't look all that promising, either.

With Bungie's prior history before the MS purchase I could picture them releasing a PC version... maybe even a mac version (since they did do myth on macs). So I wouldn't doubt a PC version just yet.. it's not like they are Rockstar ;)

Right around the time Bungie split from MS's hands.. didn't MS make a statement that they were workign on a cutting edge.. bring your computer to it's knees first person shooter? I could have sworn I heard something last year about it... i know that's kind of off the topic at hand..

You mean they might go back to Mac OS, since that's what Bungie developed for before they went to MS.

They were developing Halo for both PC and Mac before they went to MS. Original development was for Mac only though, yes.

Granted just concept art, but that does look pretty darn awesome. Definitely will be looking forward to seeing some more about that.

This is what I was thinking.

And Activision is publishing it, they're pretty good about PC releases, aren't they?

Why would it even matter who is publishing it? Bungie is autonomous, meaning that Activision is just that, the publisher. They print the discs and distribute them to stores and maybe do some marketing.

As for Bungie, awesome devs, great sense of humor, and awesome games. I find it hard not to like them.

destiny%20splash%20PSU.jpg

I have yet to see screen shots, just concept art. To what screenshot are you reffering?

I fell in love with that concept art image the moment I first looked at it.

That tank looks like it walks rather than rolls. Maybe organic?

Also, what the hell is that ball thing to the left of it? It's floating. Looks artificial.

Anyway, I'm interested.

Why would it even matter who is publishing it? Bungie is autonomous, meaning that Activision is just that, the publisher. They print the discs and distribute them to stores and maybe do some marketing.

As for Bungie, awesome devs, great sense of humor, and awesome games. I find it hard not to like them.

Publishers do more than that. They invest in the project by funding its development, hence they always have a say in how the game should be. Marketing and distribution can be done by other company and some indie games do employ someone to do it for them, if physical media is involved. But they would not be investors in the project so they have no any effect on the game itself, unlike a publisher.

Curiosity piqued, thanks for putting this on my radar, I would love to see this concept port to pc. We are in bad need of some new concepts to gaming, organic is a cool direction.

not for the PC so you know how we feel about it

What? I heard back when they first said they were working on a new project, that it was going to be for PC, X360, and PS3. Unfortunately I also read that Activision is the publisher. :(

I don't know why but when I look at that, I think Planetside MMO or multiplayer team based game (COD in space). If its a single player, you usually have a main hero and the 'glamor shot' usually just includes the hero or makes the hero distinguished from the other troops in some way (no helmet, different uniform, ...). Or it would include fighting with the other side. This is a picture of 4 equals plus someone inside the vehicle.

First thing I thought when I saw this: E.Y.E.: Divine Cybermancy.
Illuminati taking over the Shadowrun universe while on insane steroids.

I have really high hopes for this game. If it doesn't come out for the PC, I'll never get around to playing it, though. Don't have consoles.

Back