Bungie: Early Destiny Reviews Might Not Tell The Whole Story

As big as the game is you simply cannot do a review of the "game" in one day, the levels you have done sure. Take WOW, up to max level cap it can be very boring for people however come level cap its a much better game.

Destiny is a game that will take time to really appreciate. As you level you get more and you can do more, unlocking new contact and new weapons and so on. I for one am looking forward to it. I played only a few minutes of the beta to just get a feeling for the game and i did enjoy it.

I thought this game looked quite fun, but alas I will not be able to partake since it isn't on PC. Oh well.

I thought this game looked quite fun, but alas I will not be able to partake since it isn't on PC. Oh well.

Same here, looks interesting but I'm not about to drop a couple hundred on a console to play one game. I haven't owned a console since I sold my jumbo PS2 in like 2004.

Same here, looks interesting but I'm not about to drop a couple hundred on a console to play one game. I haven't owned a console since I sold my jumbo PS2 in like 2004.

Good thing there is a ton of solid games for various consoles that aren't available on PC then. So it either sucks to be poor and unable to afford gaming on more than once device or you two just admitted to being unreasonably elitist for no good reason at all.

Damn it sure is nice being a primary PC gamer who isn't too snobby to own and enjoy consoles for what they are. Another medium to play games on.

Good thing there is a ton of solid games for various consoles that aren't available on PC then. So it either sucks to be poor and unable to afford gaming on more than once device or you two just admitted to being unreasonably elitist for no good reason at all.

Damn it sure is nice being a primary PC gamer who isn't too snobby to own and enjoy consoles for what they are. Another medium to play games on.

This is literally one of the most fucking unreasonable comments I've read in a while. If anyone is snobby as hell, its you. Just because I choose to spend my money differently doesn't make me A) Poor or B) and elitist PC gamer. I liked what I saw of the game, my friend livestreamed the beta and I watched it with interest, I didn't find out until later that it wasn't coming to PC. I'm so sorry it offends you that I consider it wasteful to spend $460 for a console and one game that I might get 20-30 hours into in a year.

Ill never understand the midnight release for games.. maybe im just getting old.

I'm 38 and did every midnight release for TES and Borderlands.
Its not about getting the game early, its kind of like the first day of college.
You're a mix of nervous and excited, surrounded by a bunch of people that are sharing a common interest with you. You stand around, talk to strangers, meet people, maybe make a new friend or two. Its making a memory attached to that game you'll have the rest of your life.
I went to the Skyrim/ Lego Harry Potter release with my friend Rachel, out of 200 people, 10 were there for LHP and the rest were there for Skyrim. It was a riot, it was freezing, everyone was talking about what they loved about the previous games and what they wanted to see in these ones. We both had a hoot and met a couple of new people in the process.
Its not for everyone, but its definitely an experience worth having at least once in your life.

Wonder if there's any chance we would see this on PC next year or at all.

I would be tempted to try this out if it was on PC. FPS on console just doesn't work for me, I can never get used to it.

This is literally one of the most fucking unreasonable comments I've read in a while. If anyone is snobby as hell, its you. Just because I choose to spend my money differently doesn't make me A) Poor or B) and elitist PC gamer. I liked what I saw of the game, my friend livestreamed the beta and I watched it with interest, I didn't find out until later that it wasn't coming to PC. I'm so sorry it offends you that I consider it wasteful to spend $460 for a console and one game that I might get 20-30 hours into in a year.

Because Destiny is clearly the "ONLY" good console game right? The point was that you and many others in this thread made it seem like it is the only game that is console only that is good, when there are hundreds upon hundreds of console only games. Odds are pretty good that there is more than 1 good game for consoles. So, thanks for proving my point. The poor comment was obvious sarcasm. :rolleyes:

Because Destiny is clearly the "ONLY" good console game right? The point was that you and many others in this thread made it seem like it is the only game that is console only that is good, when there are hundreds upon hundreds of console only games. Odds are pretty good that there is more than 1 good game for consoles. So, thanks for proving my point. The poor comment was obvious sarcasm. :rolleyes:

I like how people are posting crap like "no pc, no care" and you single out the people who said it looked interesting but didn't want to spend extra money to pay for the hardware to run it. Guess what, I don't buy the latest and greatest PC games either, my machine is pretty basic at this point. The last time I bought a new game was over a year ago, I simply don't have the time to sit down and get my moneys worth out of it so I don't do it. But hey, if you can grind out hundreds of games on the PS4 or whatever, more power to you.

really wish i could play on pc.... :/
Same. I've got a good gaming rig, and won't buy a console for just one game. I'm anti-XBox One due to some dealings with Microsoft's lousy support in the past. I wouldn't mind picking up a PS4 for Destiny... If there were any other (console-exclusive) games out there for it that I wanted to play. It looks like a few are coming up next year, but right now there's nothing that interests me.

I like how people are posting crap like "no pc, no care" and you single out the people who said it looked interesting but didn't want to spend extra money to pay for the hardware to run it. Guess what, I don't buy the latest and greatest PC games either, my machine is pretty basic at this point. The last time I bought a new game was over a year ago, I simply don't have the time to sit down and get my moneys worth out of it so I don't do it. But hey, if you can grind out hundreds of games on the PS4 or whatever, more power to you.

The point..you still missed it.

Here was the point as black and white as I can make it since you obviously aren't going to get it.

I singled the two of you out because your posts reflected a different attitude than the "no pc no sale" types. You see those types aren't worth responding too, they are just being elitist jackasses and there is no reasoning with them. The two of you however mentioned that one game wasn't enough to sell you on a console and generally made a comment that showed a lack of understanding of the current console market or really the console market for the past 15+ years. There have been literally hundreds if not thousands of games released on consoles over the past decade, with obviously the majority being crap but with some real gems. There are likewise hundreds if not thousands of games on PC that can easily fall into the same exact categories. My point being that you found games that justified PC ownership, you can just as easily find games that justify console ownership. You don't have to play hundreds of games to do it either. While I appreciate the snark, I am also a father with a job and don't have remotely the time I used to for games. That however does not in any way prevent me from appreciating multiple platforms and having enough games over their life cycle to justify their purchase. The Poor comment was an off the cuff jab at the typical smart ass reply you get from people who are in the elitist PC only group and think that consoles are "Below them". I thought the quip was rather amusing myself but it went over your head.

So there you go, you can remove the chip off your shoulder now as my post wasn't some personal attack on you. I simply used it to point out something and take a bit of a jab at the "PC ONLY" group while I was at it. Like I said, you missed the point.

Back