Bunch of 280/360 aio deals $75-$90

The standoffs that come with the Asetek LGA1700 kit are maybe .5mm longer for slightly better z-height pressure. I haven’t noticed any measurable difference compared to the LGA1200 mounts which my Asus board supports.

Igor’s lab analysis for bad contact was more about Socket and IHS flexing, but my Asus boards have a nice solid steel plate behind the socket.

i thought it was too but they are only using his pics. "our sources say"...
bad contact was on only one unit and not an EVGA.

I would think that anyone who uses that design would be potentially "at risk" unless the whole issue can be mitigated with a different backplate. I would think that with the exception of the fans the Corsair unit they tested and the EVGA using the same design would have the same benefits and flaws. Looks like they tested the H150i Pro which is the same gen6 Asetek that EVGA uses.

I agree, that it's not the end of the world.

Last edited:
I would think that anyone who uses that design would be potentially "at risk" unless the whole issue can be mitigated with a different backplate. I would think that with the exception of the fans the Corsair unit they tested and the EVGA using the same design would have the same benefits and flaws. Then again, it looks like Corsair didn't move to the Asetek gen6 until the H150i "Pro" and EVGA also uses the gen6 Asetek. Might be the one they tested was an earlier (Gen4?) design.
there are several ways to address it, if it is even a problem. the "article" is about a theory. it you have something with numbers/proof that its actually an issue and specifically the evga units that are the thread topic, post it please.

there are several ways to address it, if it is even a problem. the "article" is about a theory. it you have something with numbers/proof that its actually an issue and specifically the evga units that are the thread topic, post it please.

I'm not saying I wouldn't buy it at that price. I'm just pointing out an area for additional research about the product, especially in relation to ADL. I'm not going to go out and buy a bunch of CPUs and new AIOs to test with.

I edited the above post after looking up which generation Asetek design EVGA uses...which is the same as the H150i Pro that was tested.

It could very well be the same issue Igor's Lab was describing with the retention mechanism warping the IHS just manifesting itself differently based on the quality of the backplate of the cooler. I would think the washer mod would probably address the IHS warping and would then mean that there would be less contact pressure issues with all coolers.

I'm not saying I wouldn't buy it at that price. I'm just pointing out an area for additional research about the product, especially in relation to ADL. I'm not going to go out and buy a bunch of CPUs and new AIOs to test with.

I edited the above post after looking up which generation Asetek design EVGA uses...which is the same as the H150i Pro that was tested.

It could very well be the same issue Igor's Lab was describing with the retention mechanism warping the IHS just manifesting itself differently based on the quality of the backplate of the cooler. I would think the washer mod would probably address the IHS warping and would then mean that there would be less contact pressure issues with all coolers.

I'm not sure if it matters, but it's actually Gen 5.

cool a new 2080S i got coming in along with kraken bracket.
that should work out real nice. did you pick up a gpu mini 4pin to pwm splitter so the card can control the fans? does it have a mid plate for the ram cooling or you adding sinks? i had to stick little copper sinks on my 5700.

that should work out real nice. did you pick up a gpu mini 4pin to pwm splitter so the card can control the fans? does it have a mid plate for the ram cooling or you adding sinks? i had to stick little copper sinks on my 5700.
that is a very good idea. No I did not get the mini 4pin adapter. I will do that right now.
I got tons of heatsinks for the ram so I think that shouldn't be an issue, varying sizes but they are aluminum, not copper.

Maybe I will just leave the blower plugged in and blowing sideways over the components? should stay quiet I'd imagine.

UPS is worthless. Supposed to get this on Monday, then Tues, then Weds, now today (Thurs), but UPS delivers to the front office and front office closes at 5pm. Their computerized system won't let me file a claim, because the package "isn't lost" and UPS REFUSES to allow a human on the phone.

These guys really suck right now. :banghead:

UPS is worthless. Supposed to get this on Monday, then Tues, then Weds, now today (Thurs), but UPS delivers to the front office and front office closes at 5pm. Their computerized system won't let me file a claim, because the package "isn't lost" and UPS REFUSES to allow a human on the phone.

These guys really suck right now. :banghead:
who shipped it via OOPS?

Finally got it. UPS driver said the weather nearly a week back blew their schedule. He said one days' delay can take 3-4 days to recover from to get back to undelayed deliveries.

Installed the 280mm on i7 12700K. there was not any washer included in the 12700 bracket. Idle temp is in the 30C, Top out of 49C while playing World of Tank. In Warzone top out at 65C. All at 2560 x 1440 Resolution.

My AIO has lowered (and more importantly, stabilzed) temps on my 5800x, albeit not as well as my old custom loop. But the best advantage is the ease of installing a block on the CPU vs an air HS/F. My big sausage fingers always struggle installing larger heatsinks and screws/fasteners.

Prices on EVGA.com direct are the old retail prices. LGA1700 bracket is $15 shipped, but you could probably use any Asetek LGA1700 bracket.

https://www.amazon.com/Thermaltake-LGA1700-Upgrade-Cooler-CL-O032-PL00BL/dp/B09LLYRWDQ/ref=sr_1_2?keywords=asetek+lga+1700+bracket&qid=1646314832&sprefix=asetek+,aps,125&sr=8-2
The ThermalTake one is identical to the EVGA one on the website and is $10 shipped for example.
nice. yeah the asetek based retention kits should all be interchangeable.
apparently i forgot to hit "post" earlier when i updated...

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
My AIO has lowered (and more importantly, stabilzed) temps on my 5800x, albeit not as well as my old custom loop. But the best advantage is the ease of installing a block on the CPU vs an air HS/F. My big sausage fingers always struggle installing larger heatsinks and screws/fasteners.
What sort of sausage we talking bout here?

I snagged the infinite mirror cooler master 280 for a spare, just need some ARHHgeeBEESSS fans for it now. Might use it sooner than anticipated though

I snagged the infinite mirror cooler master 280 for a spare, just need some ARHHgeeBEESSS fans for it now. Might use it sooner than anticipated though
glad you grabbed it then, it just went up to $105

updated prices, the refurb deals are dead BUT the evga 360 is down to $83 which is a steal of a deal, imo...

glad you grabbed it then, it just went up to $105

updated prices, the refurb deals are dead BUT the evga 360 is down to $83 which is a steal of a deal, imo...
same, thanks for maintaining this thread!

Deepcool are decent too, I have an older one with a weird pipe coming out of the block. Not much difference between AIOs anymore anyhow so snag a good deal!

Back