Bullied Bus Monitor Gets Last Laugh

conty.jpg

I donated $10 to the lady yesterday. 68 year olds don't deserve to get treated this way. Kids of today are far worst than when I was a kid.

fat asses dont need to sit around more. If anything it should be a donation to fat camp :rolleyes:

Every year kids are turning into bigger entitled little assholes.

Expel them all so they understand what punishment is and "sorry" doesn't get you out of hot water.

If my kids did this they'd be driven to and from school, and never allowed to leave the house otherwise until such time as they move out on their own. I don't care if they are 12 or 13. They better get used to 5 or 6 years of imprisonment with minimal access to a computer and no television.

First off........holy shit, what is the tax on that "gift" the lady is about to receive?

Second.....those children on the bus were piling on, one after the other.....it's what kids do.
Yes , they were way out of line, but they are also 11 to 13 year old children.
I'm not sayin it was right, just that they are kids.

Third....I cannot believe there wasn't one child on that bus who wouldn't stand up and tell the other kids to lay off.

Lastly, children are raised differently now. I would have been beaten to within an inch of my life if I had done what I saw on that video. I hope I would have been the kid who told everyone to back off. But I was raised to know better, I hope.

I hope my children, now older teen-agers would know better......that said, I would not beat them like my Dad did me, but there would be evil consequences, none the less.:D

No tax on gifts to any person up to $12,000 annually.

As one CPA wrote me: "As long as no single individual exceeds the yearly gift amount (around $12,000), there are no taxes. And even then, the donor pays the taxes, not Karen."

Tax Free $$ for her. After the 7% commission that the hosting website takes.

I was hit by both my parents, and verbally abused (e.g., from my father when I was 5: you're nothing but a fat elephant wallowing in mud) (I was heavy then).
I have never raised a hand to my kid, and have never said anything intentionally MEAN to her (but have raised my voice on occassion). On the other hand, my younger brother has manhandled and been quite nasty to his children. So maybe it's not so much a function of how the parent raises the kid, but the kid him/herself.

I remember is elementary school one of my friends throwing a ball at the old bus driver. The driver pulled over, yanked my friend out of his seat by his jacket, and spent the next minute yelling at him about an inch from his face, drill instructor style. I can say I never saw him do anything like that again and even 25 yrs later I can still vividly recall the event. Of course today that driver would have gotten fired, sued, and potentially arrested.

As someone that got continually bullied in school (only computer geek in a rural redneck school) I definitely know how much that sucks and they really were mean to this lady. Good for her, the crap she had to put up with was beyond pathetic and I hope she enjoys the generosity people have shown.

Good for this old lady, it's nice to see the internet mob use its collective powers for good instead of trolling lol.

People just don't understand just how destructive verbal abuse is. I firmly believe it's far worse than physical abuse in fact, bruises heal but when your brain starts being manipulated by all the verbal abuse you start to really become twisted and lose perspective on things, and that shit sticks with you. I'm 28 today, and I still have many side effects from being bullied all the way til I was out of high school, I was the fat kid who got picked on. It was a real struggle to "reclaim" my life back and take control of things. Today I'm a 6'2 pile of muscle so nobody would dare try it now :p but I imagine there's quite a few people who don't in fact take control and it really destroys them as a person...

These kids ought to be publicly chastised, town hall style. Let them see what it feels like to have a mob of people yelling profanities at them and letting them know how truly disgusting and low they are as human beings. Perhaps the old shackles ala the 15th century, let people throw rotten lettuce and tomatoes at them :p

I remember is elementary school one of my friends throwing a ball at the old bus driver. The driver pulled over, yanked my friend out of his seat by his jacket, and spent the next minute yelling at him about an inch from his face, drill instructor style. I can say I never saw him do anything like that again and even 25 yrs later I can still vividly recall the event. Of course today that driver would have gotten fired, sued, and potentially arrested.

As someone that got continually bullied in school (only computer geek in a rural redneck school) I definitely know how much that sucks and they really were mean to this lady. Good for her, the crap she had to put up with was beyond pathetic and I hope she enjoys the generosity people have shown.

Now the bus monitor has to say "Please stop Timmy, we'll be very angry if you don't and you might get a letter sent home." Any sort of discipline at all is child abuse or sexual assault that might traumatize the poor children, and kids know it thanks to the internet. That means they have free reign to do what they want with no consequences.

fat asses dont need to sit around more. If anything it should be a donation to fat camp :rolleyes:

When you're 68 years old (presuming you haven't died in a fire somewhere between then and now) please let us all know how your chronic pain and worn out joints are doing supporting an exercise routine and how well your retirement income supports your gym membership and pays your living expenses.

Saw this on Fox this morning. According to the resident Fox New lawyer babe; in the state of New York that kind of "abuse" is illegal and that woman has the right to sue.
Since the kids are minors it would be in family court; so she could sue their parents for raising such hateful children.

Idiots. Violent parents raise children who are quiet at home and violent to other kids and then become violent adults, good parents raise good children who become good adults, any idiot can raise a kid to be nasty with or without violence and beating them for it is the stupidest response. They are children, they act how they are taught to act and beating them reinforces that behaviour. This idea that society was somehow better when people could beat children is complete myth.

http://www.apa.org/news/press/releases/2002/06/spanking.aspx

There are many more studies that show the same results.

Oh jeez, sounds like you don't have any children. :rolleyes:

Southwest Airlines is giving her and a party of 8 a free flight to Orlando Florida as well.

I was hit by both my parents, and verbally abused (e.g., from my father when I was 5: you're nothing but a fat elephant wallowing in mud) (I was heavy then).
I have never raised a hand to my kid, and have never said anything intentionally MEAN to her (but have raised my voice on occassion). On the other hand, my younger brother has manhandled and been quite nasty to his children. So maybe it's not so much a function of how the parent raises the kid, but the kid him/herself.
I think it is a combination of both. Humans are infinitely capable of doing things different. Even if exposed to the same external stimuli. I got beat a lot when I was a kid, but 95% of the time it was when I did something wrong or bad. I am not a bully and am actually a pretty non-confrontational guy. Those beatings made me fear the consequences and then I got older and understood the why as well.

Given the quotes in his signature, are you really surprised? But yes, please go die horribly in a fire.
Cmon guys, negativity begets negativity. Let's all get together, drive up to his house, and give me a great big hug to let him know that we accept him as he is. :cool:

The smoke inhalation usually gets to them first before any flames.

But a fire is a really really bad way to go. Just look at that FL kid who was bullied and set on fire. He didn't die though. You could see the graphs they took from his legs. They use a peeler to take skin from one part and patch it to another. Like peeling potato skins :eek:

Then there was the kid a few years ago that was actually set on fire in a fire pit in front the the attacker's trailer home. The attacker's father even helped the other kids do it. I forgot what they ended up doing with the burnt corpse.

I read too much news :)

The smoke inhalation usually gets to them first before any flames.

But a fire is a really really bad way to go. Just look at that FL kid who was bullied and set on fire. He didn't die though. You could see the graphs they took from his legs. They use a peeler to take skin from one part and patch it to another. Like peeling potato skins :eek:

Then there was the kid a few years ago that was actually set on fire in a fire pit in front the the attacker's trailer home. The attacker's father even helped the other kids do it. I forgot what they ended up doing with the burnt corpse.

I read too much news :)

Crispy potato skins..

5277783.gif

Zarathustra[H];1038862238 said:
$500,000...

That's quite a vacation.

Are donations like these taxable?

I don't know on the specifics of this kind of donation where it's crowdfunded. Is it counted as a single payout from the organization doing the collection? Or has 50,000 individual donations?

A bunch of $10 donations would not be taxable as far as I know.

I'm kind of a middle grounder on this issue.

Kids don't have fully developed brains. (In fact, the frontal cortex of the brain - responsible for rational decisionmaking - is not fully developed until after age 25, so really, people should't be making important life decisions like marriage, having kids, or joining the army until their late 20s :p )

I am completely against ever being mean or insulting to your kids. That is never going to be effective, and will likely just raise them as a worse person.

That being said, due to the limited reasoning capabilities of children corporeal punishment has to be kept on the table, but only as a last resort after everything else (grounding, losing priveleges, etc) has been tried and failed. When corporeal punishment is used, it can never be from a state of anger. It has to be clearly explained to the child that they ar being punished in this manner for their own good, because their parents love them, and because it appears to be necessary in order for them not to go down the wrong path.

I am opposed to violence at all levels, and especially against kids, but when it all comes down to it, as parents we are responsible for making sure that children are raised properly, and don't grow up to become bad people. This responsibility overrides any other sensibility. So if a kid is going down the wrong track (on their way to juvenile delinquency, or worse) and non-coporeal methods are not successful, corporeal punishment might be a necessary evil, but it HAS to be done right, so that it doesn't come across as "I'm pissed and beating you up", as that teaches the kid the ABSOLUTELY wrong life lesson.

The problem is it's not socially acceptable to beat your kids anymore. I used to get the belt, yellow wiffle ball bat, hanger...my grandpa even threw a chair at me at one point.

I watched an interview with that lady in it... she did seem kinda weird. Now she's loaded and weird

Loaded? that seems a bit excessive.

$500k is no pittance by any means, but its not as much as it once was either.

For me - if tax free - it would be enough to pay off the mortgage, student debt and a few other loans, with a little left over for a nice treat (computer upgrade, vacation or down payment on new car), but not enough to be able to retire or anything like that.

I wouldn't call her loaded.

Possibly a little bit more comfortable, and able to pay off her debt, and take some time off and consider if she wants to continue working with those shitty kids.

Physical punishment can be effective, when used properly. Used at random, or because Mom/Dad are pissed off, is not the right way to do it. Having an abusive parent is a far different situation than having a parent that uses physical punishment occasionally. There is a difference. Unfortunately, wishy-washy do-gooder "for the children" fanatics don't really seem to be capable of grasping that sort of thing.

My father spanked me and my siblings as punishment. Belts were most often what he used. The thing is we knew the whole time that we weren't being abused. He's a very patient man and when he lost it enough that he would hit us we knew we did very wrong.

I think this is why it didn't really negatively affect us. We knew it was punishment for something that we did. We had it coming. My brother now has two kids both in their early teens. Though he has yet to hit them they both know it's on the table if they crossed the line. Guess what, the nephew and niece are two very well rounded teens.

The kids in the video deserves more than a belt spanking tho. I think taking them to the shed out back would be more appropriate.

Zarathustra[H];1038862292 said:
Loaded? that seems a bit excessive.

$500k is no pittance by any means, but its not as much as it once was either.

For me - if tax free - it would be enough to pay off the mortgage, student debt and a few other loans, with a little left over for a nice treat (computer upgrade, vacation or down payment on new car), but not enough to be able to retire or anything like that.

I wouldn't call her loaded.

Possibly a little bit more comfortable, and able to pay off her debt, and take some time off and consider if she wants to continue working with those shitty kids.

At 68 years old she's not exactly going to have a student loan or a host of other expenses that someone your age would have. She's 68 now. If she lives until she's 85 that's still more money than she was making as a wage if she spread it out over her remaining years.

Damn, kids get away with murder nowadays. If this incident had gone down on the bus I used to take to school these little fuckers would have been at least permanently banned from riding the bus.

Parents, do your fucking jobs already, I'm tired of reading about this shit.

The problem is it's not socially acceptable to beat your kids anymore. I used to get the belt, yellow wiffle ball bat, hanger...my grandpa even threw a chair at me at one point.

That's only partially effective anyway. It'll get your kid to fear you and generally stop giving you a hard time, but it won't protect the rest of society from your little monster. Even the threat of a whooping seems very, very distant in the heat of the moment and with peer pressure.

Since the threat of a whooping mostly disappears once they go out into the real world, they often have no other tools to deal with temptation to do wrong. Except in certain situations, you're not likely to get a physical beating for your transgressions in the real world.

You basically train them to fear a punishment that will eventually no longer apply. Instead, kids need to be trained to do good because its the right thing to do, not because they are going to get beaten if they don't. Because that threat eventually grows pretty hollow.

When I was in school the nastiest bullies were the ones who were taking out their rage on their fellow students. Where did they get their rage? Not from kindly parents who spoiled them. From violent parents who beat them for everything they did wrong.

A beatdown is a selfish punishment. It only helps the parents, not anyone else.

When you're 68 years old (presuming you haven't died in a fire somewhere between then and now) please let us all know how your chronic pain and worn out joints are doing supporting an exercise routine and how well your retirement income supports your gym membership and pays your living expenses.

.... Plenty of "68 year olds" are the equivalent to last generations 40 year olds. Why everyone thinks 68 is near death or something is beyond me :rolleyes:

Apparently it doesn't work, seeing how you're saying they had to do it often, no?

.... Plenty of "68 year olds" are the equivalent to last generations 40 year olds. Why everyone thinks 68 is near death or something is beyond me :rolleyes:

OBVIOUSLY she isn't one of them. Look up the word compassion and practice it some, will ya?

The problem is it's not socially acceptable to beat your kids anymore.

Yeah, the hippies are to blame for the terrible kids these day. You have to smack your kids with phone books to not leave a mark. If there are people around and you can't smack them, keep a sprayer bottle nearby and spray them with water. I saw my buddy train his dog with a squirt bottle. I've been meaning to try that on my brother's hellion kids.

Yes let's literally throw chairs at children and beat them with clothes hangers so they'll grow up to be healthy, well adjusted adults.

Those boys are going to have a great freshman year of High School. Not like older bullies needed much of a reason to kick their ass. Now those older bullies will think of themselves as heroes when they beat those kids ass... Hell we'll probably see it on youtube!

Did you really just go there? :eek:

Ya that guy is an inconsiderate prick.

And doesn't know how hard it is to stay in shape when your body is pushing 70 years old. Not to mention on average women aren't as physically active as men.

I hope when he turns 70 someone yells at him for being in poor shape and will call him a fat ass.

There could be so many heath reason she could have a bad heart bad knees etc.

grow up child.

Back