Bulletstorm: Full Clip Edition Is Coming on April 7, 2017

Discussion in 'HardForum Tech News' started by cageymaru, Feb 27, 2017.

1. cageymaru

cageymaru [H]ard|News

Bulletstorm: Full Clip Edition is the remastered version of the game that is coming out on April 7, 2017. For those of us that played the first game; this is a much anticipated remaster! I can't wait for the upgraded visuals and the removal of GFWL. GFWL with it's bugs and pure frustration while just trying to login almost killed PC gaming in my opinion.

Complete, Content-Loaded and Eye-Popping Edition of the Cult-Classic Shooter Storms onto PlayStation 4, Xbox One and Windows PC via Steam on April 7.

rgMekanic likes this.
  2. Susquehannock

Susquehannock 2[H]4U

Looking forward to it. Especially Overkill mode, which is not unlike full access in Doom during arcade mode.

Happy to see GFWL go away. Cannot believe they initially charged $50.

Solhokuten and scojer like this.
  3. Merc1138

Merc1138 2[H]4U

Ehh... it was a fun concept but I found it quickly devolved into a matter of going through the checklist constantly for all of the various kill types constantly due to the diminishing returns of repeating things.

4. trick_m0nkey

trick_m0nkey Moderator Staff Member

Can I actually jump this time? Because the moment I found out you can't jump in Bulletstorm, I uninstalled it.

5. scojer

scojer 2[H]4U

It is still $50. Just through steam now.

I'm excited about the Duke Nukem tour. Might be worth it just for that reason alone.

6. rgMekanic

rgMekanic [H]ard|News Staff Member

Loved Bulletstorm, this is the first game I've been excited about for a long time now

7. Shmee

Shmee [H]ard|Gawd

Story trailer ... I don't remember a story ...

8. iRevert

iRevert Limp Gawd

Captain Mcswearword goes in a big adventure in shootyland.

britjh22 and Shmee like this.
  9. Susquehannock

Susquehannock 2[H]4U

No jumping this time around either. That irked me at first too. Took a bit but got used to the fact I did not need to.

10. dark_reign

dark_reign 2[H]4U

Great FPS but $50 seems high for a remaster. I'll bite when it's under $10.

MavericK and DrezKill like this.
  11. tbonepat11

tbonepat11 Limp Gawd

"Full Magazine edition"

Fixed since no guns use clips anymore since basically WW2.

Wrecked Em and Rahh like this.
  12. STrAYeR

STrAYeR Limp Gawd

Instead of throwing money at a very old game that was clever is it's word use. I would of liked it better if they made a Bulletstorm ][. Removing GFWL is great and all but nothing a bypass didn't do before. I will keep an an eye on this. I already bought the old game on steam when it was on sale. I can also never get enough of Jennifer Hale's voice.

13. Absalom

Absalom Gawd

In a non-PC world, this would be called "Kill Your Dick Edition".

14. LMT MFA

LMT MFA Limp Gawd

Meanwhile I own the original on Steam, but in Windows 10 that won't run anymore.

Also, this is the exact same game that came out six years (plus 5 days) ago, just some better textures, Easy Mode and Duke Nukem thrown in, and people are excited for it? You've already played and likely finished it.

This feels extremely cheap by Gearbox, especially at full retail pricing.

B2BigAl likes this.
  15. lcpiper

lcpiper [H]ardForum Junkie

I love gun enthusiasts who completely ignore the real world. Like Soldiers in the Army didn't call a magazine a clip. I know I did, and I know I was never corrected once in the 16 years I was in. Now I'll admit, it was slang and the "proper term", like if you were calling range commands from the tower was indeed magazine, but we called'em clips all the time.

Susquehannock likes this.
  16. Evil Timmy

Evil Timmy [H]Lite

Or, played about an hour, got tired of Slab von Murderswear's attitude and feeling like I was playing a weird combination of Tony Hawk's Pro Skater and Dark Messiah of Might and Magic with Dollar Store-ripoff Unreal Tournament guns, and quickly forgot it ever existed? They're mining pretty deep, what's next?

Coming Holiday 2017, Brink: Over The Edge Edition! We forgot about it too until we were rooting around in our sofa cushions for a dropped Cheeto and found this license with some crumbs stuck to it, kept looking for the Cheeto, then eventually gave up and decided "Oh well, this'll do."

B2BigAl and lcpiper like this.
  17. lcpiper

lcpiper [H]ardForum Junkie

Evil Timmy I like your style.

Hey, a few years back I saw this alternate copy of the old Panzer General II game. It was a little different, but basicly the same. I thought wow, I'll really enjoy going back over this old game I used to love to play.

Shit I deleted that shit in less than 2 hours. It's not that they did a bad job recreating the game, it's just not it any more. I was wrong, Panzer General II was great back in 1994 or whenever it was I was playing it back then. But today, it can't hold me. I thought it would, but it can't.

Nostalgia is great, right up until it turns into boring old shit, and then it's just boring old shit.

18. Mike89

Mike89 Gawd

Lol I still have this game on my computer. It's been one of those games that I just won't un-install (among some other classics that I still have and play). Some are just too good to get rid of and this has been one of them for me. It's still always a blast to play. I too have always liked Jennifer Hale's voice in games. Her and Laura Baily are still my two favorites.

19. Krenum

Krenum [H]ardForum Junkie

"Like a fat kid likes eating cake". Oh Cliff, you're so original. Pass.

20. jiminator

jiminator Capt Obvious

I played this expecting I would like the goofy humor and having high hopes from PCF. I was wrong. The game was a huge disappointment overall, incorporated none of the elements that made painkiller series so fantastic. Humor was just off. It was bad like DNF, where it was not supid-funny but just stupid-stupid.

21. LMT MFA

LMT MFA Limp Gawd

Or that, yeah. The game didn't do well in the first place, what the hell is a re-release going to accomplish.