Bulldozer project - AMD Tribute

Heya guys,

First off, big thanks to Gigatron for supporting me on this build and agreeing to display it in their store after its completed!
gigatron-logo.png

2vkc1z8.jpg

One grand thanks to sponsors for putting their faith in me!!!

CoolerMaster:

25ew508.jpg

2nj99i1.jpg

Phobya:

14lion8.jpg

AlphaCool:

imqyvc.jpg

AquaTuning:

28m0fiw.jpg

Shakmods

117gzg4.jpg

I started working on this project few days ago and i thought, lets posto some of it.. Idea and startlog first
It will be a massive bulldozer looking case as a tribute for AMD and their FX series of processors...

Model 3D:

so6a1z.jpg

15mekas.jpg

xamux.jpg

n5k6wy.jpg

2924rar.jpg

13zd3yc.jpg

2hfqgcp.jpg

a1ttlk.jpg

Last edited:
I switched from case mod to scratch build :D entire bottom frame complete :) also some welds needed to be fixed.. been a while since i welded anything :) Also the pictures are of much better quality :)

2d1qlip.jpg

2vdpfyt.jpg

fp9gsk.jpg

n1ywet.jpg

50s8xc.jpg

2it0lu1.jpg

141stu.jpg

1z4zonr.jpg

mmts1u.jpg

2d12jo.jpg

68bons.jpg

25pkejd.jpg

2gxdv93.jpg

9rkjtd.jpg

2jdmckz.jpg

qx5fh1.jpg

3462gdz.jpg

14si0yu.jpg

104f3pl.jpg

2hqa2bn.jpg

244uweb.jpg

2a9qtlk.jpg

iodvdk.jpg

2u5ytl4.jpg

25z01w3.jpg

106ag0i.jpg

2hdnty8.jpg

11b3vw8.jpg

30idth1.jpg

6hjcwl.jpg

2ngaqtx.jpg

easgg1.jpg

2vt5oug.jpg

tnx man :) i hope you will see it complete in a week, I am just hoping it won't be longer than that :)

Last edited:
Day 3, i started late, and i didnt have material for more, going to buy some more tommorow :D

2mgtle8.jpg

28qz0nm.jpg

2v3j8th.jpg

o69rf9.jpg

2vb4jnp.jpg

2d9s5qp.jpg

2iurdxh.jpg

etckdi.jpg

24de99t.jpg

These 3 are just tossed sides to make it look similar to end project, there is still more to be done, these are just refference scaling pics :)

2khctx.jpg

rc1t9f.jpg

2epjyaf.jpg

Ok guys, today I am gonna start getting some enterior work, need to get it all together before I take it apart for painting... aslo i got some nice looking screws for estetic work... Also i will need to pick up swoop, real swoop for mini bulldozer, its gonna be quite massive *cast iron* :D also i got led strips to go inside ( yellow ) i will need to calculate how to molex them correctly so if anyone could send me some link to assist me on what is the relations on lenght/molex, than i will need to get cable extenders to place ( they will be preset to the build connecting in PSU chamber ) sleeved yellow black ( also need to sleeve them, but only need to do half cuz i got black sleeved from RaidMax ). I also made some adjustments, the windscreen will be touchscreen fan controller moded to fit. Making contact connectors so i dont have to remove cables from the side pannel and so there are no cabbles... apart from the ones imbeded in the side pannel it self. grabing electric window adjuster for the top part so the entire cabbin will lift at a push of a button, exposing the components that will be underneath :) .

One more question, aluminium pannels or steel pannes, what would you reccomend keeping in mind the painting quality,

It will be around 30-40 kilos :/ but it will be almost completply modular... i got hdd rack from server case that will be removable, the sides will be removable completly, also the swoop... i am still thinking of going custom aluminum swoop to reduce weight :/

also thinking of making it mobile to certain point, car battery powered electro motor so i can drive it if i need to get it somewhere :)

Ok, case can be used as a real case now :) i will be posting pictures tommorow :) looks better than i anticipated :D

Hey guys, here are some more pic's and i hope i will finish the body tomorrow :)

Rims for the side pannel, they will be attached to the board under with door hendges in a strip so they can angle a bit when i plan to do something to the case and PC, also the entire PC will move forward than... I will put some small wheels on the bottom of the case and move it with electric car window adjuster so it pops out when i need to do something and it will pop all the way out... Also the engine compartment will host twin modular power supply in paralel. ( side intake / front exaust ) i will need to mod it a bit so that power cable can get to it... i found angled power cable so i will first try with that one.

2hpogwn.jpg

3304q43.jpg

2w683eh.jpg

vd20k2.jpg

i7045y.jpg

11kdugk.jpg

1/3 of the swoop that i am making, it will be 3 parts like those at different angles covered by aluminum sheets
Also, the mud protector will be reduced in size to 210mm to get in line with the tracks that will be 200mm

30uzfhj.jpg

2r568g0.jpg

2db6vdz.jpg

Cabbin, it will lif upwords to open the pc components, windows will be plexiglass.

ngbki0.jpg

That fan will be as the top link of rotor for tracks

mb0qaq.jpg

mb0qaq.jpg

That top turned out nice :D

20u4y6r.jpg

also i figured out and i custom ordered set of these with the exact lenght and 2 rows of threads that connect them to be used as tracks

1.jpg

As for the paintjob goes, yellow with black stripes on some parts, details like the bolts will be black, grill will be black with RED backlight on top and bottom, also red non transparent mesh behind the grill... Cabbin i cant decide Yellow or black, but it will have yellow backlight, roof will be black, windscreen - i hope, NZXT LX. Also, for hidraulics effect on swoop i am going with rear suspension from VW Golf 6 and for the smaller ones on the bottom side, it will be suspension for 5th dour on VW Golf 6 as well... aprox veight empty, around 30 kilos, full around 50 :) still strugling with system that will go in, i got some of it, ( my gamer rig )... And the good news :D, I got a spot in the PC show in Belgrade Fair :)

Last edited:
this is a great idea. you have put allot of thought into what you want. however, man, you should practice welding and setting up the welder for your specific application. those welds look very bad and weak.

this is a great idea. you have put allot of thought into what you want. however, man, you should practice welding and setting up the welder for your specific application. those welds look very bad and weak.

i havent done any electic welds in like 2 years, with first weld i melted the tube, and i know when i welded and failed at angle or something, i would just hit it on the floor and it would snap! :D las few welds i did were nice, clean good looking and i grabbed wrong tube to weld, when i tried the same thing, to hit it, i could have smash it on the ground for half an hour and nothing would happen :D gonna re-weld everything before painting those velds are really terrible... also i switched to wood side pannels, allot easyer to manipulate and allot lighter than steel...

Ok, this just came in today :D
Industrial rails for cluster nodes hehe

2rxtnhg.jpg

90q5qu.jpg

2me2yxz.jpg

P.S. sorry for terrible photos, digital camera pictures arent that good :(

One side complete, may look funny now odd now but over the tubes there is gonna be fan grill in shape of the gears...

20holmo.jpg

2j83r6.jpg

Yeah its gonna be massive, after i finish 2nd side, fenders and cabbin tomorrow its painting time :) and after that, DETAIL TIME... also, once the swoop gets in place, the bar that goes along side the dozer will give it totally different look, ( its gonna be hazelnut board piece - extremly light wood ) also i reduced the weight by allot... its gonna be 20 kilos w/o equipment inside and w/o the swoop...

Also the mechanism for opening the case will look like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CF_S6YT_Ku8 the middle CASE part will have wheels for easyer manipulation ...

Here it is guys, what those pipes are and how i mounted them :)
Side panel with holes drilled
13zwbyb.jpg

Checking the pipes because i need to flaten the contact area between them so they fit... they are f110mm but the part where they touch the board is 125 so there isnt any room between them.
2dwdyki.jpg

Turned it around after i got them in to place and now i am preparing to mount them... marking the holes and stuff..
xeq5ux.jpg

ok mounting method, simple but efficient :)
2d46y0.jpg

efpd7c.jpg

neuv79.jpg

2mf0lzl.jpg

kb9g5k.jpg

a1jzpu.jpg

The hight of the case: ( for refference its 730mm )
14syt8k.jpg

And the case with both side panels "tubed" :)
2usijqb.jpg

the side panels drop inwords at the bottom, i will have to set some distancers there, they must have gap of around 1.5mm in order for case to slide out, once i mount them to the board it should be fine with some anti scratch tapes and it will gonna go nice and smooth :)

Heya guys again, mini update.

In order to fit 2PSU’s inside, i had to reduce the side of my ventilation tube for the “side intake, front exhaust” :)
2yn2tkp.jpg

xbzi91.jpg

nx9ijb.jpg

Just to show you how hard it is when you have to use hand tools ;) my circular saw died on me :(
9sx848.jpg

And this is going to finish as the drawer type PSU mount, so i can remove PSU just by pulling them out centered, enough space, and doesn’t heat up rest of the system.
2h7mddf.jpg

ux5j5.jpg

Nice idea, can't wait to see it in finished form...I wish you could have 3D printed the parts and then assembled them..Would be 100X lighter and just as strong..

Nice idea, can't wait to see it in finished form...I wish you could have 3D printed the parts and then assembled them..Would be 100X lighter and just as strong..

I kinda like it like this more than if i printed it... there is nothing more satisfying than manual labor :D but i do think it would look a bit nicer :)

Ok guys, as you noticed i am pretty low funded :( so i am using the best of what i can get :)
Lets stray from the main build for a bit and let me show you my pride components that are in a dire need for modifications :)
Planning to add backlight, USB passtrough, and a volume knob to it :) paint it yellow and red, replace keycaps with possibly full metal ones in red, make tracks on the sides to look like a tiny flat dozer and wristrest that would be painted and attached like a swoop :)

The keyboard in question is Chicony KB-5181 with cherry MX blues
u3mky.jpg

Also, my 2nd keyboard with orange omron switches :) works like a charm after almost 30 years in service :D! i will see what i can d with this one :)
2vj7c0m.jpg

Ok, entire mount completed and functional :)details left to be done so it doesnt look this ugly :D

o019w6.jpg

xpdauv.jpg

23kb5g5.jpg

vrvrqu.jpg

Also the mount for fans on marked and will be finished tomorrow :)
a9nsar.jpg

Also i got nice piece of plexiglass for the mobo thermal armor that is mostly just estetic armor for me :)

Ok, i made back panel now for the radiator and hard drive area i made a sandwitch of two pieces of aluminum sheets folded them in the way i needed them and stuffed them with thermal isolation that will help muffle the sound as well and made entire thing really sturdy at no weight cost :)

2ui81f6.jpg

4jn6sw.jpg

As for hard drive mount, i will make a sort of floating floor for almost complete vibration reduction, it will be two sheets of aluminum, bottom one mounted, than spounge in between 10mm thick and another aluminum sheet on top of it, connected to the bottom with rubber going all around it

Working on fan grill design turned out to be more complicated than i thought :)

Here is what i have for now... still need to figure out few more details
2wd39qr.jpg

Rad grill done, if anyone likes/wants this, or stuff like this, i got few designs i made for now and for later on with new projects, you can just PM me/ email/ or reply they are .crd and ready for laser cutting in scale for 240 rad ( two for 480 ) :D

10db3v4.jpg

Ok, i finished wrecking my old Chieftec Aegis case to scrap :) here is what the backplate looks like nicely sanded ( i hand sanded it :/ ) and in its new home :) also, i will need to cut the hole for the cpu cooler mount and so i can put a 92mm fan back there.. it helps allot with chip cooling :)

2qsmkwi.jpg

34dfqqu.jpg

2ryocqb.jpg

i also added mesh to the PSU tray

j8iqa9.jpg

And something i think could be really nice if i manage to do it properly :D

13za7sw.jpg

Kinda odd that the PSU case is perfect dimensions to host 2 3.5" hard drives :D and 80mm fan :D

Working on fan grill design turned out to be more complicated than i thought :)

Here is what i have for now... still need to figure out few more details
2wd39qr.jpg

I must admit: this is a very unconventional fan grill design.

Edit: You fixed the pic. No fun now.

Last edited:
Ok, so i tossed everything on so i can see how it looks and my dog came to inspect it... :D if she could, she would have gotten her self inside in no time ( i gotta post video of us trying to get her out of the car :D )

14e16vt.jpg

206dfs9.jpg

e9g310.jpg

*the red thing on the top is from my old sidepannel, will use it later as a mesh for somewhere :)

Also i started doing some work around the cabbin, this is first look, i need to straiten it before i can use it... it will only be a mold for bending acrylic glass pannel so it is gonna be entire side bent :)

2aan7ft.jpg

257k9jl.jpg

So what do you guys think?

Ok, today i figured out i could have take a cabbinet and modify it for the thing i did in the end :D

2usv6ky.jpg

nqxt6w.jpg

2bxtev.jpg

riz320.jpg

It seemed logical to make it like this instead of making it out of 3 parts...

Ok guys, today i got my first sponsors, i recieved a nice timely response from Phobya :D

2hrh5rd.jpg

Phobya

2hoa52w.jpg

AlphaCool

2hezq6c.jpg

AquaTuning​

Heya guys, tomorrow it will be ready for base and white paint :), after that i will do cable menagment with some cable routers, and paint it all in the colours it is intended :) stay tuned :D

2nlh8w2.jpg

mvm82r.jpg

So today i found out that the box in my wast basement wasnt just an empty box as i tought for last 6 years, inside was mint in box router :D

29orjlx.jpg
*idiot right...he..he.....he. *

I made cannals for acrulyc window i will be using :)
28bs8pt.jpg

and it will go here :
260al3t.jpg

also i got a bit pissed and redid the rooftop, AGAIN *5th time* ARGHHHH
qrjcdy.jpg

new system for easyer mounting with 2 steel bars...
2ll1u8w.jpg

122dtfn.jpg

Also, tomorrow, as i found out i have router i will smothen all the edges down and give them nice curvy finish :D

Today i totally rebuilt the side pannels... one of those days when nothing fits, and i was so angry about it... so i had to do it right this time! I made them from far better quality wood, more precise, with new tools... looks 10 times better and works properly now (the sliding mechanism)...

The wood is 10 times better, more compressed, easyer to manipulate.
90sv38.jpg

Got a template for 480... and did it right!
20qic9k.jpg

Smoothen the edges...
72x2iw.jpg

2rgzxv5.jpg

jgrzhx.jpg

and the big ass drill for wider and "non-bend" blade for my saw

And last, but not least, see the difference!!!
Old:
mkc8er.jpg

New:
n9vyf.jpg

Also, new sponsor... CoolerMaster.. more details tomorrow :D

Me again, to some it maybe funny, but i am full of emotions for this!

Few days after i started working on this project, few people asked me what will i be using from components, and i said that i would be using what i had at the time or untill i find some sponsors... one of those parts was AMD Athlon II X3 450 that i was using... One guys, at the time a random guy on the forum asked me if i Phenom II 980BE would be an improvment untill i get cash to get new one or find a sponsor, i still dont have sponsor for the processor...

15dmh49.jpg

23h9mh5.jpg

Imagine me today when i heard from mailman that i have a package from France..

2nhlssy.jpg

I knew the guy for half an hour from forum and over PM on the forum... and he decided to help me in such a manner... It may not bet extraordinary, and such but it means allot more than just a processor... it means that there are still great people in this world, and a new hope risen inside of me just from this gesture!!!The moment i get new processor either from sponsors or i get some cash to buy it. i am gonna make special mount for this one, to shine as a simbol of respect, UTMOST RESPECT towords Blobster21 and people like him!!!

Guys, sorry i haven't been posting for a while, but it was holyday season here in Serbia, and i was kinda tortured by my neighbour :D i have been planing to rebuild chasis for the case from steel to aluminum, and i wanted to ask a buddy of mine who is professional welder to do the welds for me, but he refused and instead outh to teach me how to weld "If you want to do this as a hobby you need to learn how to do it... you will need it, you can use my equipment!" so i learned how to weld aluminum, and it is going quite well, nice clean welds hehe

Also, if you are doing something, there isnt my way, your way, his way... there is the right way or the wrong way... took me some time to figure that out for myself :D

9vh5kg.jpg

2n1xif9.jpg

Aluminum box tubes...

2nbabyu.jpg

2j3pb21.jpg

Kind'a expensive :/
Also, i will be doing aluminum case, and pics next time :D

Back