Bulgin Switch to Run CCLs and LEDs?

qdemn7

Supreme [H]ardness
I really like the look fo the Bulgin Illuminated Ring Swtiches but they are SP Momentary Contact Swtiches. What would it take to use them as the power switch for running CCL and LEDs for case illumination? A small solenoid?

A latching relay could do the trick, but I know there's a solid state circuit to do it, too. Something about a multivibrator or something (my dad can be cryptic at times. dang engineers :p)

What you're looking for is a J/K Flip-Flop driving a power transistor. Connect the output of the flipflop to the gate of the transistor (or the base if you're using a BJT) through a 1kOhm resistor. Connect the clock pin of the flipflop through a resistor to 12V, and also connect it to one side of the pushbutton. Connect the other side of the pushbutton to ground.

Mohonri said:
What you're looking for is a J/K Flip-Flop driving a power transistor. Connect the output of the flipflop to the gate of the transistor (or the base if you're using a BJT) through a 1kOhm resistor. Connect the clock pin of the flipflop through a resistor to 12V, and also connect it to one side of the pushbutton. Connect the other side of the pushbutton to ground.
Thanks. ;) :)

I just had another thought--instead of the flip-flop driving a transistor, I'd actually suggest using a relay.

Back