Built my PC... How are these temps?

Percy

Gawd
Hey all... I just built my PC...... How are these temps? I reset before i ran the Intel Burn Test so the Min was the idle and the Max was the Load im guessing.
eXcR4.jpg

For PC Specs.... please check http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1628116 until i update my sig.

I am curious to know.... should i be overclocking at this point if these temps are good??

-Thanks in advance!!!

do it, overclock that thing. You're good up to ~90 C.

Temp is fine,it can withstand up to 90 degrees although i won't recommend to do so.

And you got plenty of room for OCing.

Now..... a stupid question... i hope your prepared.... lmao!

Do you suggest any guides to overclock? I have never overclocked before.

BvbKM.jpg

I was just in bios checking something and i noticed it said 46* for cpu temp.... and real temp was displaying what 38 degrees .... o_O or am i just tripping.

Now..... a stupid question... i hope your prepared.... lmao!

Do you suggest any guides to overclock? I have never overclocked before.
http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/cpus/2011/01/07/how-to-overclock-the-intel-core-i5-2500k/5

http://www.techreaction.net/2011/01/04/3-step-overclocking-guide-–-sandy-bridge-v0-1beta/

I was just in bios checking something and i noticed it said 46* for cpu temp.... and real temp was displaying what 38 degrees .... o_O or am i just tripping.
Nope, you're all good. During bios, the cpu is working at it's default frequency and features set as C1E, EIST, C3/C6 are inactive. This explains the higher temperatures. Also, the temperatures that you were reading at each core are not coming from the same thermal sensor as the one that monitors the entire cpu ;)

Last edited:
Hmm... interesting.... well .... I think something went wrong with my Windows installation..... its a clean install and it is saying that there is 40 gigs used on my C drive..... when i select everything in my C drive ( showing hidden files as well) it shows 13 gigs.... something is bugging out..... as well as i am having trouble installing HD audio drivers... it is saying failure... i think something messed up during windows install... so im going to do a fresh install right now...

lol... i wish i can change my username!!! but keep my title and years ive been on this forum!! I dont drink soda that much any more o_O! Finally Windows 7 Just finished installation... i put in the MSI Mobo CD and installing all the drivers right now.... and its still doing this.....

YgeYc.jpg

Hey all... I just built my PC...... How are these temps? I reset before i ran the Intel Burn Test so the Min was the idle and the Max was the Load im guessing.
eXcR4.jpg

For PC Specs.... please check http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1628116 until i update my sig.

I am curious to know.... should i be overclocking at this point if these temps are good??

-Thanks in advance!!!

I just checked my temps again..... my temps went up 3-6 degrees idle.. could it be I'm using bad fans on the heat sink?

Ambient temps have probably gone up a little. Whatever change in ambient temps is then exaggerated inside of your case unless you have it's side panel open.

Ambient temps?? What do you mean by this? I'm a little dumb lol. This is normal? I set my aftermarket heatsink fans to earlier, Temps haven't changed. Should i worry? Or this is normal on a new pc? But regardless i should be seeing 32-33 Idle no?

Ambient temps is the temperature of the room the computer is in. The hotter the room is, the hotter the air that is being placed into the case. As the room temp fluctuates, so will the CPU and it's perfectly normal. The only time you should be overly concerned is if you see load temps north of 90c.

Hmm so the people that list their temps on this forum are listing ambient temps? and not accurate cpu temps?

Hmm so the people that list their temps on this forum are listing ambient temps? and not accurate cpu temps?

No, but the ambient temperature will have an effect on the temps in your computer. If the room temp is 35c you can expect the system to run hotter than if the room temp is 20c because the air that is cooling your computer is warmer to start with.
This is why people list their ambient temp as a reference for their system temps.

Temps can also be different between winter and summer months depending on how you heat your place in the winter and cool your place in the summer.

Back