Built-in video card about to die?

cloudfall

n00b
Hi, for some time now I observe the following issue:
when I come here (this forum) or website with black background and mark text I see white shadow trailing each line of text I mark.
If i select picture (ctrl+a) there is the same trailing as with text.
Now, I can make screenshot of my desktop and those trails will still be visible on the picture.
I thought that I need new cable, but after ask a friend he said that my video card is in the roots of my problem.
At one moment I though it was the cable so moving it around sometimes reduces the white trail but most time dont, so I stop doing it.But at one point that movement make my screen white for a second.
This is on-board video card so here is the mb: M2NBP-VM CSM, in bios I allocated 256mb of ram for the card. The monitor is Philips 170S.Windows 7 is installed, nvidia driver is 295.73. I dont overclock.

So..is the video about to die?

http://img534.imageshack.us/img534/2553/selecttext.png

For a sec there I thought its your monitor but my recommendation is, get a dedicated video card; even a cheap one can do.

Pretty sure it's your monitor (or cable). Also I don't see anything wrong in the screenshot.

Usually artifacts like that are bad video ram. If it is integrated then its your system ram. Try switching the sticks around to diff slots or try different ram.

I used windows 7 built-in memory test, didn't report errors. I change settings in bios to allocate 128MB ram but the problem is still present. I will try to find different cable to test.

Back