Buildzoid rambles on about Ryzen 3000 and motherboard compatibility

Pieter3dnow

Supreme [H]ardness
Buildzoid is looking at what Ryzen 3000 is going to do with all of the older motherboards X470 B450 X370 B350.

Buildzoid can't sleep and his mind goes to places where he tries to make sense of why would you need to buy X570 in the first place ;)

Reactions: Nobu
like this
Dear lord this guy loves the sound of his own voice. Makes a 27 min video that only has about 5min of info

Buildzoid can't sleep and his mind goes to places where he tries to make sense of why would you need to buy X570 in the first place ;)

Yeah, pretty much my thoughts. pcie4 would be nice for the upstream bandwidth, but I'm not sure most people would need that either.
Dear lord this guy loves the sound of his own voice. Makes a 27 min video that only has about 5min of info
I think he's trying to say you don't NEED x570, but I'm not sure...

Yeah, pretty much my thoughts. pcie4 would be nice for the upstream bandwidth, but I'm not sure most people would need that either.

I think he's trying to say you don't NEED x570, but I'm not sure...

He is saying that the key part that people have is the videocard if that is still PCI-E 3 then what is the use for X570 beside the obvious fast ssd. Even that he says it matters little in things you care about (gaming).

Yeah he likes to ramble his channel is pretty interesting if you want to know how gpu work beyond what you get from your bread and butter websites :) .

He is saying that the key part that people have is the videocard if that is still PCI-E 3 then what is the use for X570 beside the obvious fast ssd. Even that he says it matters little in things you care about (gaming).
I know what he was saying, was being facetious. ;)

Or if you were replying to the first part of my post, I wasn't interpreting or extending what he said, that was my own opinion. I do also agree with what he said.

I know what he was saying, was being facetious. ;)

Or if you were replying to the first part of my post, I wasn't interpreting or extending what he said, that was my own opinion. I do also agree with what he said.
The difference between needing to upgrade and wanting to upgrade ;)

On Overclock.net, Elmer, a former ASUS engineer said that the CrossHair 6 Hero would have no problems running the Ryzen 3950x (16 core part), VRM are tough enough and would be able to even OC. We may have to see some of the experiences for the X370 crowd motherboard owners who update. I am tending to keep the CH6 intact and moving it over to another case, moving the Intel to the case with the FX 9590 and retiring that thing once and for all. That way I get to keep the 2700 cpu setup working for me. As for needing the 16 core part, have to think about that.

Back