Building Ultimate Benchmarking Rig! Need Suggestions!!

Zxcs

[H]ard|Gawd
Ok, I'm tired of FX-55 SLI benchers beating me in SPI and gaming benches. So I decided I'm gunna give em a run for their money.

Basically I have $5.5k to spend (probably more if needed). I will put the CPU under a phasechange and I'll have 2 6800Us under water (Phasechange + GPU = BAD!).
At the moment I've decided that I'll have a FX-55 6800U sli system, probably with a 15k rpm SCSI drive (haven't thought of make/model yet, or scsi controller).

Things I need suggestions on:
Mobo:
I *need* something that will OC like crazy and still be stable. It also has to be SLI enabled (I'm sure that will cut choices down a load :D )
RAM: Again, I need ram that will OC like crazy and keep good latencies. I'm thinking of OCZ VX but I'm not sure. I will buy 1gb of the "high end" stuff for benches, then another gb of some OK-ish ddr400 for general use.
Hard Drive: I am looking for something that will keep up with the rest of the performance in this system, I'm thinking 15k RPM SCSI, unless someone has something bad to tell me about them. I need suggestions on make/model and of the PCI controller card.
Anything Else Needed for OC'ing Things such as a ddr booster or anything of the nature

Things I don't really care about (unless someone tells me I should worry about them)
Optical Drives:
These don't really mean much when I'm OCing so I can get some cheap ass generic ones.
Monitor: I already have one of these and its cheap, I _DONT_ need a new one =)
Case: Aesthetics? Pfft!
Keyboard, Mouse etc.: Not really needed, can use my cheap-o ones :D

I think I have everything covered there but I'm not sure. Basically I need suggestions on an ultimate SLI benching rig, that will fit the price tag of $5.5k

Thanks... This will be fun!
Zxcs

I've heard a couple of good things about the OCZ 600w, but I'm so tempted by the zippy.
Anyone have any suggestions in terms of mobo/ram? They are the real things that are bugging me out

thecoldanddarkone said:
while your doing the water, why don't you give the cards some tec
I haven't yet seen a gpu block that will allow for a tec and allow SLI. The only way I could think is if it has the hose mounts coming out of the top. I'll have a look around.

600Watt OCZ PS and the DFI SLI.

Cant beat that combo I dont think....

Go withthe OCZ Vx, or the TwinMos UTT Ram.... My Twinmos is running 265 at 2-2-2-9 Timings!

wait for the rev.2 asus board .. u never know .. I hear they fixed a few things .. if you're impatient I believe the DFI one is the best one out there

Impaqt said:
My Twinmos is running 265 at 2-2-2-9 Timings!

WTF? THAT'S FUCKING AMAZING!

anoher vote for the DFI mobo.

I'd get a fortron or sparkle power supply. I find them better then all the other brands.

I was just wondering, are the fx-55s still sold with the multipliers unlocked, or did amd "fix" that?

Zxcs said:
I was just wondering, are the fx-55s still sold with the multipliers unlocked, or did amd "fix" that?

I believe they still have unlocked multipliers .. that's their specialty along with a few other things

another vote for the dfi, and if going with that board get a pcpc sli psu....the zippy has problems with the 4v for the vdimm, or so i read.....

bh5 here 260.... 1.5,2,2,6

Back