Building New System..Please Look Over

Yz388

Limp Gawd
Im building a new system for a friend of mine, and would apprechiate if anyone looked it over for me, make sure everything is compatible and looks good. Also if you have any reccomendations, please let me know. Also, i would like to stick with Intel, and keep the 6600gt because he is not a hardcore gamer.

429521951.JPG

Mainly Audio editing that kind of stuff, besides that just email and web browsing.

Have not decided on a case yet.

And i forgot to add a nice Audigy card, obv if he will be dealing with audio.

He does not need pci-e

Go AMD. Get cheaper RAM as the one you choice is a waste of money. Get a NEC burner. Get a SATA drive. If he is not a gamer you can get a video card even cheaper. Also get the M-Audio Revolution 7.1 rather then an Audigy ZS.

AMD? Hes not doing gaming. Intel is clearly surperior for audio and crap

He said if he would like to play a game, he wants to be able to. 6600 stays.

I want to stay Intel

As for sata, i know nothing about it. Please explain, and what would i have to change?

Why exactly do you want Intel? AMD would be much better for audio editing. It would also be cheaper.

Intel is better for encoding not editing.

He wants intel, i give him intel. Not my choice when it comes to that

I agree get cheaper memory, he doesn't need the expensive stuff.

For the case I would suggest the Antec Sonata, and also get him a nice quiet heatsink like the XP-90, XP-120, Zalman 7700... since he is using it for audio purposes a good quiet heatsink will be very nice and well worth the price.

Just tell your friend AMD would be better in this situation (and it would) and then go AMD :D

What exactly is his reason behing going Intel? Is it something stupid like "Intel has a higher market share so it must be better"?

KoolDrew said:
Just tell your friend AMD would be better in this situation (and it would) and then go AMD :D

What exactly is his reason behing going Intel? Is it something stupid like "Intel has a higher market share so it must be better"?

Stop trying to make people buy AMD, every 5th post of yours is 'OMFG BUY AMD PLEEZ ITS BETTER'. If he wants intel, its for a reason unknown to you, and let it be.

Back on topic: Why would you buy him a socket thats being phased out when the new one is so cheap? Ditch S478 and get him an LGA775 rig with PCI-E and DDR2.

Im not to familar with the new socket. Would you care to direct me to a nice motherboard that supports that via newegg?

As for his reasons for intel, i have no idea. But that is what he wants so im not going to argue.

Great idea on the heatsink and case, i think im going to get those. Nice and quiet will be perfect when he is working with audio stuff.

Back