I have choices between this motherboards:

Gigabyte GA-M55plus-S3G Nvidia 6100 & 430

Gigabyte GA-M51GM-S2G Nvidia 6100 & 430

BIOSTAR TForce 6100 AM2 Nvidia 6100 & 410

ASUS M2NPV-VM Nvidia 6150 & 430

it will be paired with A64 3500+ and 1GB DDR2 800

thx

http://www.nvidia.com/page/gpu_mobo.html

I got the Asus M2NPV-VM since it has onboard DVI and also S Video. And it's made by Asus.

The only one of that list that supports onboard DVI is the ASUS, so I'd go with that.

I'll not live with the onboard VGA, I may update to 7600 or 7300 so I don't really intersted if it has DVI or no, as for options the gigabyte wins, Vcore and Vdimm adjustement up to 1.55 and 2.45 while the asus has no adjustements at all, so the gigabyte M55Plus will be a good choice ?

Asus board is bad overclocker... only got about 150mhz increase with a X2 3800+. Very disappointed. I didn't try too hard though, probably can get some more but I don't care really. Wish it was poissible to increase voltage.

egyteam said:
I heard ASUS is very buggy with memory

Really? Where exactly?

To the OP: I'd get the Asus. I have a bunch of the 6150 based Sockey 939's in service. They work great.

valve1138 said:
Really? Where exactly?

To the OP: I'd get the Asus. I have a bunch of the 6150 based Sockey 939's in service. They work great.

for example with high end ram, they need 2.1~2.2v while this mobo has max 1.85v and cause stability problem

egyteam said:
for example with high end ram, they need 2.1~2.2v while this mobo has max 1.85v and cause stability problem

do you have a link to an article or something? I've never heard or experienced this with any of my Asus boards.

you mentioned you are using Socket 939 version, I meant the Asus socket AM2

what is the memory you are using ?

I had problems with Mushkin EM2-5300 on the ASUS M2NPV-VM, the board POSTED fine, but would lock up when entering the bois and windows install would blue screen. Returned the Mushkin for Kingston Ram and everything works fine now....

Other then that ram issue I would recommend the ASUS, very happy with the board and ASUS products in general. (4th ASUS motherboard in a row now)

ASUS M2NPV-VM

Use XMS2 memory, works great.

Back