Building computer for little brother

baetertot

n00b
I wasn't too sure which thread I should post in, but I'm starting completely from scratch. I have $800 to spend and aside from normal use (streaming videos, music, classwork) he would be video editing and running games like CSGO, COD, Mincraft, Resident Evil, Phantasmagoria, as well as running emulators for Super Mario Brothers etc.. Please help!!!! Thank you ^___^

Buy a decent case and PSU (650W or better from reputable brand[seasonic, corsair, my two votes]). I would suggest an AMD 550 motherboard, and a Ryzen 3 3100, along with an Nvidia 1650. 16 gb of ddr4 ram dual channel kit, 3200mhz (if you can afford it, get the 3600mhz kit, its the sweet spot). 500gb Sata SSD ( or M.2 if you can find one cheap enough).
The decent case and PSU will allow your Bro to upgrade in 2-3 years.

I'd look for a 22" or 24" 75hz lcd monitor, whatever is cheap.

If you go used, the options get super complex, with all the different generations and performance levels, but I'm sure someone on here with parts to sell would be happy to help you navigate that.

Beyond that, best to ask specific questions. Do you know what your doing inside a PC?

Last time I built a pc was 5 years ago.at that time got parts from newegg but it seems to be a shadow of what it was. so where to buy from now?

newegg, amazon, newegg....
Theres other etailers around depending on what country. in canada canadacomputers is a good one.

For a mothrboad i agree with AMD550 sugestion or some new model AM4 socket.

Back