Building an SFF (Europe)

xeefus

Limp Gawd
Hello. I've got thoughts on buying an SFF + A New TFT monitor. I was wondering what is the best stuff you can get for approx 700 euros, excluding graphics card, harddrive and uhm... PSU if I can fit a Tagan 480W 2Force in one. And the optical drive! I guess that would be it? :)

EDIT: The display I'm going to buy is the NEC 20WGX2, and is NOT going to be included in the price, of course :)

I'd like a stylish looking one, with Core 2 Duo. NO OVERCLOCKING! I've got a soundcard that should fit too, Audigy 2 ZS (Just for the sake of gaming and the optical out for my stereo). And I've got a 6800GT with a pretty flat cooler. Is the stock cooler of the Core 2 Duos OK?
Preferably buying in Sweden. I can stretch to 800€ if I have to.

Thanks in advance!

Then any core2duo motherboard, with any processor you want will work...

ASUS P5L, P5B, etc

ANy e6400 or e6600 will work fine without an OC.

Dillusion said:
Then any core2duo motherboard, with any processor you want will work...

ASUS P5L, P5B, etc

ANy e6400 or e6600 will work fine without an OC.

Okay. Thanks. But what chassis should I get? I'd like to fit the Tagan 480W 2Force into it, and all the other stuff I mentioned. I think it's a full length optical drive. Not sure really. An AOpen which I got really cheap.

QPACK or MIcroFly are always good on the cheap, SG01 is a very nice alternative.

Dillusion said:
QPACK or MIcroFly are always good on the cheap, SG01 is a very nice alternative.

I didn't find the MicroFly in Sweden. But the SG01 and QPack. The QPack looks tiny though. And ugly as hell!

The SG01 has got bad airflow and stuff though? :/ I love the design of it. Looks clean.

xeefus said:
I didn't find the MicroFly in Sweden. But the SG01 and QPack. The QPack looks tiny though. And ugly as hell!

The Q-Pack/Microfly/118 is actually quite large for a SFF.

Mac Truck said:
The Q-Pack/Microfly/118 is actually quite large for a SFF.

Oh. But it seems like it can't fit much in it. Like, the depth of it.

Dillusion said:
Does Bestall mean checkout? :D

Looks good, BESTALL!

Yeah, it means "order" or "check out" :p I think I'll order it on friday or something, if anyone has suggestions to change anything, then bring them on!

Didn't order them, kinda changed my mind a little. Is the Lian Li PC V300 any good? I was thinking of it, but not sure if the 6800GT will fit in it. It's a Gainward one with a really flat cooler. I could buy a 7600GT if it doesn't fit though. Cause I ordered the monitor, but I hated it. :( So I'm getting a Dell P1130 instead. :) The 7600 must fit right?

So, E6400, 2gb ram and a P5B-VM... And the Lian Li PC V300 ofcourse. What do you think? :)

OK nevermind! I'm getting the SG01, 8800GTS, E6600, 2gig Corsair TwinX PC5400 :) So sweet. Just a little question about a motherboard... I'm not going to overclock at all, so which one should I get? I don't need integrated soundcard and stuff, but I'd like to use e-SATA. I'd like something of good quality which can run the pieces I'm ordering. The P5B-VM DO? What's the difference? Q965 vs G965? What's the difference between all the chipsets, and which one is the best out for mATX C2D mobos today?

Err. And also, since I probably won't have an internal soundcard for cooling issues, I'd like to get an external. Anyone got some good recommendations? I'd like it to have a nice DAC, no stupid effects like those Audigy, X-Fi cards. RCA-connectors is a must. Optical out is a very huge +! Price? Max 200! No more than 220 :p

Oh and another edit... S-ATA II necessary? What difference does it make really? :p And it's backward compatible cause I've got a S-ATA harddrive I'd like to use...?

Thanks!

Didn't order them, kinda changed my mind a little. Is the Lian Li PC V300 any good? I was thinking of it, but not sure if the 6800GT will fit in it. It's a Gainward one with a really flat cooler. I could buy a 7600GT if it doesn't fit though. Cause I ordered the monitor, but I hated it. :( So I'm getting a Dell P1130 instead. :) The 7600 must fit right?

So, E6400, 2gb ram and a P5B-VM... And the Lian Li PC V300 ofcourse. What do you think? :)

Xeefus, from Sweden ? Gainwards 7900GS 256 @ komplett goes for 1595 SEK
that's a good pricetag I think :cool:

Back