Building a SFF need help

DarkSamurai2003

Limp Gawd
I really want to get a nice and QUIET... Nearly silent and not super bright and flashy lol...

What's a good SFF to get that's pretty quiet. My computer is pretty loud, roaring at 5000 RPM's sounds like a jet running in my room.

I'd like to have a PC I can keep on 24/7 :D

so, a SFF with alright parts. I just plan to do some basic Adobe Photoshop work on it, use it for mIRC and web surfing.

I don't plan to game or stuff on it :).

But key things -> Quiet and I don't really huge bright lights

Ok. Shuttles are usually pretty quiet, but not absolutely quiet when the fan is going really fast. You can get a replacement for the ICE HSF fan that is much more quiet.

About the uses, I would go for a Pentium 4 setup if you do not plan on gaming. Adobe Photoshop and graphics editing applications of the like typically run better on P4's as opposed to Athlon XP or 64. You can easily get a shuttle barebone that is everything you would need for $200. I don't know what processor you currently have, but if it is socket 478, which if intel it probably is, you can just take that out and put it in the shuttle, along with your hardrive, optical drive, and floppy if you have one. Then you would be all set. keep in mind you would have to format the HDD because you cant just switch like that.

If you were planning on getting a graphics card, which you may or may not already have or may or may not plan on needing, then you might want to consider a more powerful shuttle for around 250 dollars with a stronger PSU. Otherwise the models for 200 are more than adequate for Photoshop, mIRC, and other light use. I would recommend the SB65G2 for your purposes because it has the classic shuttle look, a decently powerful and quier power supply, and built in WiFi to maximize aesthetics if you have a wireless network.

post back if you have more questions.

you can browse shuttle barebone systems here: http://www.newegg.com/app/searchPro...EPA=0&bop=and&description=shuttle&InnerCata=3

DarkSamurai2003 said:
I really want to get a nice and QUIET... Nearly silent and not super bright and flashy lol...

What's a good SFF to get that's pretty quiet. My computer is pretty loud, roaring at 5000 RPM's sounds like a jet running in my room.

I'd like to have a PC I can keep on 24/7 :D

so, a SFF with alright parts. I just plan to do some basic Adobe Photoshop work on it, use it for mIRC and web surfing.

I don't plan to game or stuff on it :).

But key things -> Quiet and I don't really huge bright lights

Not to be an ass but this is the wrong forum. And Newegg does a have a few SFFs for cheap prices. Be sure to check them out. :)

markt435 said:
Not to be an ass but this is the wrong forum. And Newegg does a have a few SFFs for cheap prices. Be sure to check them out. :)

Just what I was gonna say....doesn't really need to be in the gallery. :rolleyes:

Back