building a cmoy

Nice job on the mint. :)
Can I spam some completed CMoy pics now? :p

4330cmoygutz3.JPG

4330cmoycase.JPG

thank you for the tips on the enclosure, perhaps I will make it in an altoids tin instead of a plastic case :p

my packages from digi-key and radioshack.com are due to arrive tommorow

cat 5e wire is suitable for wire? and I have like a 2inch strand of it, is that all I need?

theroam1nggnome said:
thank you for the tips on the enclosure, perhaps I will make it in an altoids tin instead of a plastic case :p

my packages from digi-key and radioshack.com are due to arrive tommorow

cat 5e wire is suitable for wire? and I have like a 2inch strand of it, is that all I need?
it really depends on how good you are with routing it ;)

You can eyeball it then build the entire thing out of the case, but if you're not experienced at all it could be a PITA.

MisterX, i noticed your amp only has one 9volt battery, the scematics i saw had two 9 volts in series...

so what's this thing need to run off exactly? 9 and 18 volts are a big difference...

Two things dictate the operating voltage.
The opamp and the phones.
That cmoy was equipped with a AD823 opamp wich can output 2.0V into a 330 Ω load at 6.1 volts before it starts clipping.
(0.5volts into a 33 Ω load @ 4.3V before it starts clipping)
The downside is it has a much lower output current than is typical for an opamp (15mA).
(In other words it was a good match for high Z phones that needed a slightly agressive top end and punchy bass)
If I used a dual OPA627 setup there is no way I would even thought about using a single battery. ;)

this may be a n00b question but where do the tantlum bypass caps and the virtual ground rail splitter go?

thanks for the answer mister x, (received in pm)

My first amp was a failure and I was to stupid to buy parts for two like you said. :(

I didn't follow the correct layout :(

So I'll order parts and reattempt it again. :p

I bought parts for 2... just because i wanted to make 2 :D

I ended up buying parts for a lot more :D

(The first one was a success... but i managed to break the PCB in 2 re-sizing it for the tin -_-)

What went wrong with yours?

Back