Build My Computer For Me [H]ard|Forum Comp Nerds

Status
Not open for further replies.

SkyeHack

Limp Gawd
1) What will you be doing with this PC? Gaming? Photoshop? Web browsing? etc

- All of the above.

2) What's your budget? Are tax and shipping included?

- $3,000.00 USD (tax and shipping included)

3) Where do you live?

- Florida, USA

4) What exact parts do you need for that budget? CPU, RAM, case, etc. The word "Everything" is not a valid answer. Please list out all the parts you'll need.

- Monitor
- Case
- Power Supply
- MotherBoard
- CPU
- CPU Fan
- Memory
- Graphics Card
- SSD
- HDD
- Blu-Ray
- Sound Card
- Wireless Adapter
- External Card Reader
- Fan Controller
- Thermal Compound

5) If reusing any parts, what parts will you be reusing? Please be especially specific about the power supply. List make and model.

- Building from scratch.

6) Will you be overclocking?

- Yes.

7) What size monitor do you have and/or plan to have?

- The same size as my wiener. At least 27 inches.

8) When do you plan on building/buying the PC?

- Tomorrow.

9) What features do you need in a motherboard? RAID? Firewire? Crossfire or SLI support? USB 3.0? SATA 6Gb/s? eSATA? Onboard video? etc.

- Everything.

10) Do you already have a legit and reusable/transferable OS key/license? If yes, what OS? Is it 32bit or 64bit?

- Ubuntu 11.04 (Natty Narwhal) 64 bit

Last edited by a moderator:
your answer for #9 is not acceptable. why would you need both onboard video and crossfire/SLI?

which leads me to not trust your "everything" answer to #1 as well. if you dont use photoshop, the RAM requirements change considerably. its not to hard to copy and paste "Gaming? Photoshop? Web browsing?" to confirm that you are actually doing all of those individual things.

this is why it says "everything" is not a valid answer.

I love how now you're going with a Ubuntu OS instead of the Win7 OS that you wanted in your previous thread. Can't afford to pay for Windows with a $3000 budget?

So are you planning on actually getting Windows this time? Otherwise, zero point in helping you if you're gonna be a cheapskate about a $100 OS key out of a $3000 budget.

I love how now you're going with a Ubuntu OS instead of the Win7 OS that you wanted in your previous thread. Can't afford to pay for Windows with a $3000 budget?

I got an infraction. I violated:

(18) You will not discuss, suggest, engage, or encourage any ILLEGAL ACTIVITIES.

So I will not take the trap and answer your question.

2295l.jpg

It's closer to $2,500.00

I'm still waiting for my CPU Cooler and extra fans and Fan controller.

Also, the sound card I picked has a higher Sample Rate and more popular and higher reviewed on newegg.

You guys are a big help.... :/
You never directly answered whether or not you were getting a legit Windows OS. Judging from the pic you posted, looks like you didn't actually buy one. Hence why I didn't bother helping.

Good luck with the PC.

You're doing photo editing and you bought a TN monitor....should've went with an IPS Dell U2412M at least, and ideally a Dell U2711H.

I don't see why people don't buy windows. If you are cheap find a student at least and have them buy it for you for $30 from MS. It's $30 thats like a pack of bubble gum (ok maybe not but don't be cheap).

Funny part is when people build there own computers and do the OS illegally they hurt the US and help China, you a commie? :p (most of the parts are made in china, your cash goes there, while MS is based in the US, cash stays here for the most part).

You never directly answered whether or not you were getting a legit Windows OS. Judging from the pic you posted, looks like you didn't actually buy one. Hence why I didn't bother helping.

Good luck with the PC.

Yeah it's blatantly obvious that he doesn't plan to buy a legit copy. What a waste.

I don't see why people don't buy windows. If you are cheap find a student at least and have them buy it for you for $30 from MS. It's $30 thats like a pack of bubble gum (ok maybe not but don't be cheap).
Afaict such copies are usually only upgrade licenses so if you use them to build a new machine you are breaking the license.

Afaict such copies are usually only upgrade licenses so if you use them to build a new machine you are breaking the license.

You can upgrade it from itself (double install). As far as I know that is legit?

IANAL but my understanding is that the double install trick will bypass the technical measures against using upgrade copies for non-upgrade installs but doesn't actually comply with the license.

Thanks for all your guy's help. With all your assistance I finally got my computer put together...... :rolleyes:

6062557517_ea29fb7b0d_o.jpg

6063105034_62deb7a326_o.jpg

6062557869_f499411745_o.jpg

6063105092_4b6c9a2ecb_o.jpg

6062557667_b47a424174_o.jpg

6062558033_07a4e45bf6_o.jpg

6063105190_e7a892b3b3_o.jpg

6063165986_1bbc248916_o.jpg

6062617339_61bde57c1f_o.jpg

6062617381_1c964c6f94_o.jpg

6062638091_b25c23bd0a_o.jpg

Status