[Build Log] Blood Red Acrylic Pipes - Delidded Haswell 600T (hopefully 5.0ghz!)

inglewood78

[H]ard|Gawd
Hey everyone. Finally got around to upgrading my sig rig. Wanted to spend some time (and money!) and do something special. Was thinking about copper tubes until I found out Primochill was finally going to release their color acrylic tubes. Color themes were between the yellow/black (ASRock OC Forumula) or a red/black (ASUS ROG). Set up some polls around the forums and it seems most people don't like the yellow/black combination.

As you will note, the GPU will not be a part of the water loop. I'm planning on switching out my 690 for a couple of 780s when BF4 comes out - earlier if I can get a deal on a good custom pcb 780 (lightnings, DirectCU II, etc).

I have pics and notes from my tube bending that I will post up later. I hope to get this up and running by the end of the week!

Noteable components:

Main Components
• Processor: Delidded Intel Core i7 4770K Haswell (o/c to 5.0 *crosses fingers)
• Motherboard: Asus Maximus VI Hero
• Ram: Corsair Dominator GT DDR3 1866 cl9 1.5v 16GB
• Video: EVGA GTX 690 (will replace when BF4 is release)
• PSU: Corsair AX1200i
• Primary Drive: Plextor M5P 128GB x 2 in RAID0
• Storage Drive: Seagate Barracuda 1TB
• Case: Corsair 600T White + Acrylic Side Panel (CyberDruid Custom)

Custom Water Loop
• Laing DDC-1T
• Phobya Xtreme 400m Radiator
• EK-Supremacy Clean CSQ
• PrimoChill CTR 240mm Reservoir - Blood Red
• PrimoChill Vortex Flow Meter - Blood Red
• PrimoChill Rigid Acrylic Tubing - Blood Red
• PrimoChill Rigid Ghost Compression Fittings - Black

Enjoy!

Acrylic Panel for the Corsair 600T courtesy of Cyberdruid!

Components!

PrimoChill

Delidded Haswell!

Assembled but pre leak testing!

Need some lighting, cable management and sleeving, install the videocard, mount the SSDs but for the most part, its done. Sorry for the messy desk lol...

Apologize for the horrible lighting. I'll try to take some tomorrow during the day.

Final Pics - Was thinking about a couple of 780s but came across a really good deal for 770s so I'll hold off on 780s until maybe later. I added a cathode light behind the res to give it a nice red aura. No many pics with the acrylic panel. As you can imagine, I get too much refection with the panel on.

Head over here if you want bigger pictures.
LINK

Last edited:
I've heated from a forum elsewhere (I'll try to find it later) that liquid-pro is rubbish on bare-die cooling. Apparently on IHSs it's awesome, but the bare die side of things just does something to kill it's performance. The tester used several different application methods and it was performing consistently ~7 degrees higher than other TIMs...

Just a heads up.

I've heated from a forum elsewhere (I'll try to find it later) that liquid-pro is rubbish on bare-die cooling. Apparently on IHSs it's awesome, but the bare die side of things just does something to kill it's performance. The tester used several different application methods and it was performing consistently ~7 degrees higher than other TIMs...

Just a heads up.

Really? I've done a lot of research and by far, its the most recommended TIM between die and IHS.

The inside looks spectacular. Although, if you don't mind me asking, why choose the white 600T?

The inside looks spectacular. Although, if you don't mind me asking, why choose the white 600T?

As oppose to the black? Personal preference I guess. Don't think the white will clash with the black/red interior.

This will be a killer build to follow. Love the rigid acrylic tubing. Very nice. My first WC build was in a 600T, very easy to work in. Fine choice, good sir.

PS: Your WC pron is too small. Moar bigger! :)

How do you find working on those acrylic tubings?

I tried to minimize bends between points b/c it takes a lot of time to line up. If you plan on working with acrylic tubes, spend a good amount of time thinking about tube routing. At most, you'd probably want 1-2 bends between points or else you are going to have a nightmare getting the lines to connect, especially if you care about your turns being square.

Rigid tubing is beautiful... Did you have experience working with the tubing before hand or was this your first time? How difficult was it?

I imagine this stuff is a lot more durable than flexible tubing too.

Nice work man. Can we get some bigger pictures? Pretty please?

Also how did you get those bends to be so perfect?

I'll try to get some bigger pictures up later.

My delidded cpu is alive! Installed win 8 last night and did some quick OC attempts. Unfortunately, I don't think it's much of an OC performer. Was hoping for 5.0 but only got it stable at 4.7 with 1.35v. It doesn't boot at 4.6 @ 1.2v :(

A lot of auto values so more tweaking is needed on my end. I'm willing to push 1.4v because the delid and water loop is keeping temps in check. Doesn't go over 70c at 1.35 volts...

This was the first time I worked with the rigid tubes. I did practice the bending with some cheap tubes from Tap Plastics.

For the bends, I literally walked around Home Depot looking for tight, smooth bend items that I could use as a "guide." I finally settled in on some PVC 90 degree connectors to use as a bend template and used a square ruler to ensure straight 90 degree bends.

The hardest part is making sure you can connect pt A to pt B whilel keeping everything square. A lot of trial and error...and waste tubes haha.

IMO delidded is such a misnomer. Should be re-lidded.

People do actually run delidded at significant advantage to re-lidded.

I can't help but notice it needs a little light on the cpu pipes...maybe a direcitional red LED?

Back