Build: 3970x, dual 2080ti, 8TB m.2 RAID = Render Monster

Yea, sometimes it just hits the spot.

And in this case the AIC cards use these shit dinky radial fans which coincidentally are the same ones used on the chipset. I think it's there just for looks, ie CYA.

For rendering. Not enough RAM. 128 or 256GB would have been better. I would have taken some ECC RAM. 2080Ti has not enough VRAM for rendering. You should take a Titan RTX card instead or a couple of them.
You should get an Optane 280/480 GB for cache. No gain in Raid 0 SSD. Not more than RAID1. Those could be Sata, but not the optane better on U2.
You want better perfomance, safer (more RAM), compact size. Take the Asrock X399M + 2950X or even 1950X + 4x32GB Samsung ecc@2800 + 2 Titan RTX. CPU nearly doesn't count if you render by GPU. You can put the latter in a micro-ATX case like the Silverstone SG09 or SG10 the Titan RTX into slot 1 et slot 3) with a Corsair RM 1000 is fair enough.
Are the EVGA PSU of good quality ? Instead or Corsair 1600i or Seasonic 1200. Not sure.
Raid 0 gives the man an 8TB scratch drive for video editing. 'techdeals' does the same thing on his TR. On my first quad card I use socket 1 for the C: boot drive and 2, 3, and 4 as a Spanned 6TB D: drive for storage. It's just a couple clicks in W10. I've never heard of a ZEN or ZEN+ TR that runs 32GB memory sticks. 256GB requires a ZEN3 board. Two GEN3 Titan GPUs, No thanks. One or two Radeon Pro VII GEN4 cards with the Infinity Fabric connector, Yes please. "micro-ATX" Are you just having fun with us? Which Micro atx has sockets for two GEN3 X16 gpus and one Quad GEN4 X16 card? How is he going to hang two 480 rads and two Res/pumps on that micro case.? hahahahahaha

The (4) Sabrent Gen4 drives will go into the Aorus AIC bifurication card, think I failed to mention that.

The drives were just delivered.
View attachment 206600

Wee, final bits are here. Now I can start actually plumbing things up.
View attachment 206775

AIC Gen 4 card coming together.
View attachment 206777

View attachment 206778
When first installed, the pcb bulges from the thermal pads, so i applied pressure to flatten it out. The backplate doesn't apply any pressure to oppose that pad pressure on the other side. I might apply a square of thermal pad to achieve that in the future.

Got beer and cores!

View attachment 206781

View attachment 206799

View attachment 206800

View attachment 206802

View attachment 206803

View attachment 206804

View attachment 206811

View attachment 206814
AIC card fortunately does not block ports!
View attachment 206815
Using Radeon VII for plumbing/layout.

View attachment 206819
You might like EK's Angle GPU blocks on your GPU. In and out don't require any angled fittings, just tube fittings. The out port is aimed at the overhead Rad.

You might like EK's Angle GPU blocks on your GPU. In and out don't require any angled fittings, just tube fittings. The out port is aimed at the overhead Rad.

That would be good for a different setup, but not in this particular case. The way I have it plumbed with the rad ports at one end is to use with the QDCs. With the way the core x9 is designed, I can release said QDCs and lift both rads out of the case in one fell swoop. If you look at post 184 and 187 you can see what I mean as both rads end up coupled together.

Raid 0 gives the man an 8TB scratch drive for video editing. 'techdeals' does the same thing on his TR. On my first quad card I use socket 1 for the C: boot drive and 2, 3, and 4 as a Spanned 6TB D: drive for storage. It's just a couple clicks in W10. I've never heard of a ZEN or ZEN+ TR that runs 32GB memory sticks. 256GB requires a ZEN3 board. Two GEN3 Titan GPUs, No thanks. One or two Radeon Pro VII GEN4 cards with the Infinity Fabric connector, Yes please. "micro-ATX" Are you just having fun with us? Which Micro atx has sockets for two GEN3 X16 gpus and one Quad GEN4 X16 card? How is he going to hang two 480 rads and two Res/pumps on that micro case.? hahahahahaha
You can put 2x 2 slot GPU on microATX but not more.PCIe 4 and X16 is not mandatory.
I am not sure about how the update on the BIOS has been made, but Zen/Zen+ supports 32GB sticks on Ryzen (even ECC). Who says TR doesn't ? So depending on the number of sticks (Asrock micro-ATX has 4) you can put 128 ou 256GB RAM.

You can put 2x 2 slot GPU on microATX but not more.PCIe 4 and X16 is not mandatory.
I am not sure about how the update on the BIOS has been made, but Zen/Zen+ supports 32GB sticks on Ryzen (even ECC). Who says TR doesn't ? So depending on the number of sticks (Asrock micro-ATX has 4) you can put 128 ou 256GB RAM.
-" Max. capacity of system memory: 128GB**" I did find that 128GB on a ZEN+ b450m on Asrock's website. The two gpus were only 8x and 4X sockets. A Zen+ B450M would be only GEN3 cpu lanes to the PCIe sockets. You can run new GEN4 gpus on a GEN4 8x socket. You need 8 dimm sockets of 32GB sticks for 256GB. An AM4 board only has 4 sticks, max.

I found that even with a gen3 mobo the gen4 drives run better. All my gen3 m.2 drives were 3300/2200, All 4 gen4 drives clock 3500/3500. Sabrent's drives are great.

Back