Bug infested PC gaming

logan1

Gawd
I have been playing video game exclusively on the PC for about 4 year now and it seem as though the number of PC games being released with game crippling bugs are rapidly increasing.

If you take most of the game that are 3-4 years old and load em up; it is more than likely that you will be able to play the Single player game from start to finish without having to download any patches or updates (provided you get the game to work on XP SP2).

I don’t know what is causing Dev’s to release these unoptimized games that are ridden with bugs to the PC gaming community. It might be the fact that big money is now in console gaming or the fact that the complexity of these new highly detailed games is causing for these bugs to pop up all over the place. Regardless of what is causing this trend, it is very upsetting to spend hard earned money on a game that you have been looking forward to for months only to find out that its unplayable until the Devs decide to release a patch.

The reason for this rant is “Dark Messiah of Might and Magic”. As I had been looking forward to the game for about 2 months and now that its finally here, just about everyone who owns it seems to be having problems with it.

wtf? 3-4 years ago no bugs? BF1942 came out 3 years ago and had almost a dozen patches and still has bugs. Half Life had a shitload of patches to fix bugs. Hell games I played in 1996 had patches you could get from the maker on floppies.

Bugs and problems have always been a problem with computer gaming. This will probably be reduced somewhat in the future, but it will always be present. I recall having problems running some games in the past that required a patch or some setting to be changed in order to get them to run.

The buggy PC game thing accelerated with the widespread use of the internet and has remained pretty steady since. Back when there was no practical way to distribute patches (except via CDs in PC gaming mags) developers were a bit more careful about getting it right the first time.

GreenMonkey said:
The buggy PC game thing accelerated with the widespread use of the internet and has remained pretty steady since. Back when there was no practical way to distribute patches (except via CDs in PC gaming mags) developers were a bit more careful about getting it right the first time.

What he said. Not only that - most people including review sites and gaming sites welcome patches because they call it "support". And while it is indeed support, it's also a case of developers not being held accountable to their original product. It just doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things. Patch away!!

wow game crippling bugs you must be talking about ** games, blah blah blah we have heard it all before, is any of this really new? I mean comon do you honestly think games are going to run perfectly for everyone. Games will always have bugs its just how it is,unfortunately for those of us who keep buying this stuff, yeah we bitch and moan about it on forums and such but guess what,alot of those same whiners are the ones buying the damn game. if theres such issues with games you like,dont buy it the first day.

Back