'budget' sound card

ok once college comes, i'll be needing a comp, and of course, i like games and music so...i need a decent sound card. price range from free - about 60. any help is appreciated.

I vote for the Chaintech AV-710, it's about $35 CAD where I live and as sound quality goes it is very good for music, so good it is pretty much comparable to the Revolution. If your the avid gamer, it provides decent performance in games. Heres a helpful link about the AV-710

AV-710 Review

Hope this helps!

one might want to note that the AV710 is really only a "good" card when using the digital outputs

The card isn't really that good for gaming or really even just listening to music

I am selling mine for an Audigy

with AMD posting negative FIRST HAND experiences with the chaintech, has anyone here had a good or bad FIRST HAND experience as well? we need fewer review quotes ont his thing...

Yes, I was very impressed with its stereo (2-channel) analog playback, especially for music. It was my card of choice before I moved on to the E-MU 1212M.

Yes, I was very impressed with its stereo (2-channel) analog playback, especially for music.

Me to, but it had to be set up right. ;)

I even think it's slightly ahead of a stock Audigy2 ZS in stereo mode.

Back