(Budget) Mouse pad for MX518

tempoct

Weaksauce
Hi,
I'm currently gliding my MX518 on the desk and its feet are getting sticky (and dirty) pretty quickly. The desk is somewhat work (glide) better than free Dell mouse pad I have.
Looking for a good budget mouse pad for it. Not much gaming but some graphic works. Accuracy is a must. Read few threads here and most suggesting SteelPad QcK. However, the pad is very hard to find. Maybe other alternative?
I'm in Los Angeles area.

Thanks,
tempoct

I just use one of those giagantic cloth ones with my MX518, and I actually like it quite a bit.
I got it at Microcenter for like $15.00.

i love my corepad, i have no idea how much they cost though since i won mine at a LAN party.

my mx518 loves it, it slides so easy

digital_exhaust said:
I just use one of those giagantic cloth ones with my MX518, and I actually like it quite a bit.
I got it at Microcenter for like $15.00.
I'm in Burbank, CA. So no Microcenter nearby. My local Fry's only carry the S&S series.

ratpadz xt for 25 shipped on their site.. great mousepad from what reviewers say, I have no exp with it though

Ratpadz XT for the win! Since you happen to be asking on the forums, I will give you your money back if you buy an XT and don't like it. Beat that Corepad! ;)

Lots of people laud the QcK+ steel pad in conjunction with their MX518, but I wouldn't get too excited over it.

I have it, and an MX518, and the thing adds a lot of resistance to your mouse movement (compared to a desk surface for example); but if you're not gaming, and accuracy is your primary concern, this could be exactly what you're looking for.

The thing picks up dust and crumbs like a magnet, becomes ugly and discolored, and is hard to clean.

The bottom of it does come with a well working grip surface that sticks to the desk nicely.

While I would recommend you get a slick, hard mousepad over the QcK+ steel, the steel, for what it is--a cloth pad--is a great buy.

digital_exhaust said:
Alright, you got me. I've seen you say that if we don't like it you'll give us our money back, and I gotta tell you, that is something that really impresses me.

I'm gonna go order mine right now.

You should be happy with it. I hae a GS right now because my orignal got messed up a while ago(by no fault of the pad) Been very happy with it. Prob going to pick up a XT now that they are out even though my GS is still fine.

digital_exhaust said:
Alright, you got me. I've seen you say that if we don't like it you'll give us our money back, and I gotta tell you, that is something that really impresses me.

I'm gonna go order mine right now.

Thanks for the support bro. And I am not BSing. You dont like it, mail me at [email protected] and you will be taken care of. You have my word on that.

Wow. Thanks for the info. I am not liking "sticky" pad that's why I have MX518 on my desk now. Maybe hard-pad is more suitable for me.
Any other QcK+ users can confirm this?

uberwurst said:
Lots of people laud the QcK+ steel pad in conjunction with their MX518, but I wouldn't get too excited over it.

I have it, and an MX518, and the thing adds a lot of resistance to your mouse movement (compared to a desk surface for example); but if you're not gaming, and accuracy is your primary concern, this could be exactly what you're looking for.

The thing picks up dust and crumbs like a magnet, becomes ugly and discolored, and is hard to clean.

The bottom of it does come with a well working grip surface that sticks to the desk nicely.

While I would recommend you get a slick, hard mousepad over the QcK+ steel, the steel, for what it is--a cloth pad--is a great buy.

uberwurst said:

A mouse pad is personal preference. Some people like the smooth and slick surface like the Steelpad S&S (made for higher sensitivities) or a large cloth mat like the Steelpad QcK+ (made for lower sensitivities). The reason the QcK+ is so big is because you have more surface to move your mouse, so you can lower sensitivity, become more accurate, but at the same time, have a large area so you can move the mouse fast and a lot. If you play CS, you'll find the IE 3.0/MX-518 with the QcK+ one of the best combos around but it's really personal preference.

I didn't read anything but the topic and one thing came to mind, if you spend the amount of money to get a MX518 why skimp on a cheap mouse pad?

cloth > plastic when it comes to accuracy and the QcK is suppose to be the best cloth pad around. Ive been using a Fatal1ty pad for over a year, doesnt look or feel different than from day1. I love it. I think its 17 inches wide and I use every bit of it.

Seanmounce said:
I didn't read anything but the topic and one thing came to mind, if you spend the amount of money to get a MX518 why skimp on a cheap mouse pad?
Well, since you didn't read. It's not for gaming, why pay too much?
Plus MX518 is only $29 at Circuitcity (after rebate). I'm not spending $$$ like the G7/MX revolution or something in that range.

Back