Budget LCD to play PS2 on?

Chelica

2[H]4U
Hey guys,

I was wondering what is the current budget screen (LCD Type) in the market right now for playing PS2 games.

I will most likely be connecting this also onto my HTPC, but that is just for movie playback, so almost anything will do that nowadays given that it has an SVideo input.

So yea, something in the range of $800 and below would be great.

Thanks!

LCD TV or LCD monitor? if you want a monitor go with the deal 24in widescreen one. if you want a tv, syntax has a couple around that price range from 26-32 inch

Sorry, I meant LCD TV. LCD monitor will not look good with console gaming right?

I was gonna say, a budget lcd moniter for $800?!

while this thread is here, would anyone by chance reccomend me a budget lcd moniter for computer gaming. Preferably sub $200?

Trust me...do not play your PS2 on an LCD TV...it looks compeletely horrible. The ones at EB look good because they're very small.

When I was playing my PS2 on my 30" widescreen LCD TV I would seriously put it in a small window in Picture in Picture mode to make it look playable. I think the PS2 looks best on an CRT HDTV. Now if you're planning on getting an Xbox360...that's a different story :).
Because of this, I have an LCD TV I use for a computer monitor, a 27" CRT HDTV I use for PS2, Xbox, and Gamecube, and a front end projector I use for Xbox360, TV, and DVDs all in the same room.

Xbox on my 26" HDTV LCD screen looks like crap also, even the games that support 480p, I tried Svideo, Component, and Composite, I dont have any that support 720 so I cant say how those games look. If your on a budget got a good CRT, there alot cheaper and will look alot better with Consoles.

As far as a Budget Gaming PC LCD under $200, there isn't one!!!! $300 is about the min! The Viewsonic 19" widescreen with 8ms rresponse time has been getting really good reviews here and elsewhere, theres a couple others but the Viewsonic is what I will probably be getting. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16824116373

Back