Budget Headphones

xphantg0d

Gawd
I am looking for an inexpensive pair of wireless headphones. I had a pair from sennheiser that I got as a present but they fell apart (the thing was connected by like a tiny piece of plastic) plus they were never that comfortable anyway. But I did like them and am looking for a cheap comfortable pair that is reliable. I am not a hardcore audiophile but I would like my music to sound alright (I will also be using them for movies and games). Any suggestions?
Thanks in Advance

(I am not sure how much they should cost but somewhere in the area of like 60 bucks would be ok)

xphantg0d said:
I am looking for an inexpensive pair of wireless headphones. I had a pair from sennheiser that I got as a present but they fell apart (the thing was connected by like a tiny piece of plastic) plus they were never that comfortable anyway. But I did like them and am looking for a cheap comfortable pair that is reliable. I am not a hardcore audiophile but I would like my music to sound alright (I will also be using them for movies and games). Any suggestions?
Thanks in Advance

(I am not sure how much they should cost but somewhere in the area of like 60 bucks would be ok)

If you give up on the notion of wireless headphones, you will increase your bang/buck WRT sound quality threefold.

If you give up on the notion of wireless headphones, you will increase your bang/buck WRT sound quality threefold.

Agreed.
Even the top of the line wireless cans get their ass handed to them by cheaper wired cans.

What's up GMC? Can't sleep?
Don't usually see you this late at night. :p

I was looking for a wireless pair a while back 'till I saw what I'd have to pay in order to get even close to the same sound that I can out of a sub-$100 pair of regular wired cans. I decided it was better to just move my PC a bit closer and acquaint myself with the front audio jacks on it instead. :p

Mister X said:
What's up GMC? Can't sleep?
Don't usually see you this late at night. :p

I was doing some intense music last night. It had me wired. I was up 'till 1:30.

P.s. What's the budget on these "inexpensive" headphones?

The reason I liked wireless headphones was they do not limit me in where I can go. If I am listening to music I may not want to be sitting in front of my computer. I often lie on my bed or do work at my desk with them on and I cant really do that with a wired pair. While we are on the topic if you think there is a way for a wired pair to fulfill this role im open to any suggestions. Thanx.

GMC - Budget is like 60 bucks ish for wireless I wouldnt want to spend that much on wired. Plus like I said im not looking for amazing sound quality just not crap.

Edit: and comfertable

FYI

If you kept those Sennheiser's for whatever reason, you should give them a call. The 'pin' broke on the horse-shoe looking earpiece mount broke on my RS65's, and I called them wanting to purchase a replacement piece. They were nice enough to send me a replacement for both sides totally for free! I'm pretty sure mine were out of warranty too.

i know u dont want top of the line ones but once in a while u can find the bose wireless headphones for around 75-100 bucks its a lil more but the sound quality is amazing and bose has the best warrenty on there stuff in my opoinion had a pair of old 501 were way out of warrenty and they fixed them for next to nothing was like 30 bucks a speaker

BrettG - You wouldnt happen to have the number would you?
demons9872 - Where have you seen bose wireless for 75 bucks?
GMC - You keep recommending wired headphones but my question remains how do I use them in places not next to my computer?

xphantg0d said:
GMC - You keep recommending wired headphones but my question remains how do I use them in places not next to my computer?

Don't own a portable player?

GMC - as much as I would like to blast music in my house I am not the only one who lives here. Also I still prefer the mobility that is offered to me by wireless headphones. I can go downstairs and listen to music also.

Impulse - Not really, I have a minidisc player which is great but it is an older model so it needs to record music by hearing it so to put 3 hours of music on it takes 3 hours in addition it doesnt seem to be seperating the songs so i need to do it manually which is not fun. regular cds hold too little music to be practical and for the 40 bucks for a MP3 cd player (which I am considering anyway though they are pretty big) I may as well spend 60 and get the wireless headphones. and anything else is gonna be too expensive. I would love an Ipod but frankly i dont have the 300 dollars or wtvr they want for one.
<insert freeipods link here> ;)

Ahh, I see then, good points. There's some relatively trim (still bound by the size of a CD obviously) CD MP3 players, see the SlimX series by iRiver, but like you said... For the price a unit like that may cost it's conceivable you could get a decent pair of wireless headphones and they'd be more mobile.

My home is relatively small (and empty during the week) so I guess the situation is different, the second room where I play my music most often has a TiVo as well as a DVD unit that plays MP3 CDs so I can route music either of those ways if I feel like it (though the cable music channels usually make do).

Good luck with the hunt!

Thanks alot for the help I am gonna try to contact Sennheiser first for a possble repair. But I am still open to suggestions for a good pair. I still want to know where I can Bose Wireless for 75 bucks.

Take it from me:

Every one of the wireless headphones under $100 are total crap. Seriously. They sound no better than the freebie headphones that you'd get with a portable MP3 player.

Oh, Bose doesn't currently sell or make wireless headphones, IMHO. They have just three models - all of which are wired, and the two more expensive models are of the active (powered) noise-cancelling variety. None of them deliver more than mediocre sound, and all of them are severely overpriced for the sound quality that they deliver.

search ebay for the bose wireless headphones and your local pawn shop i work for one and sell on ebay we sold 2 pairs of the bose headphones on there on went for lik 77 and another went for a lil over 100 u just gotta watch them thats all

or look for these i have owned a pair and was very happy with them SONY MDR-RF920RK
theres a pair on ebay only like an hour left but @ 75 bucks

Back