Budget gaming with extra parts

ensu3

n00b
1) What will you be doing with this PC? Gaming? Photoshop? Web browsing? etc
  • Gaming on high settings and web browsing

2) What's your budget? Are tax and shipping included?
  • Around $650, Yes

3) Which country do you live in? If the U.S, please tell us the state and city if possible.

4) What exact parts do you need for that budget? CPU, RAM, case, etc. The word "Everything" is not a valid answer. Please list out all the parts you'll need.

• CPU, Mobo, GPU

5) If reusing any parts, what parts will you be reusing? Please be especially specific about the power supply. List make and model.
  • Cooler Master Stacker 832
  • Corsair AX1200
  • G.Skill Ripjaw Z 16GB (4 dimms, 1600mhz)
  • WD Black 2TB
    - I also have a Gigabyte x79 UD5 mobo and have debated using that

6) Will you be overclocking?
  • No

7) What is the max resolution of your monitor? What size is it?
  • 1920x1080, 22"

8) When do you plan on building/buying the PC?
  • Within the next month

9) What features do you need in a motherboard? RAID? Firewire? Crossfire or SLI support? USB 3.0? SATA 6Gb/s? eSATA? Onboard video (as a backup or main GPU)? UEFI? etc.
  • USB 3.0, SATA 6Gb/s, 4 dimm slots

10) Do you already have a legit and reusable/transferable OS key/license? If yes, what OS? Is it 32bit or 64bit?
  • Windows 7 64bit Pro

What I've been looking at is picking up the following:
  • Ivy Bridge i5-3570K (room to overclock later)
  • ASRock Z77 Pro3
  • EVGA SC GTX 660 2GB

I prefer quad core which is why I choose the i5-3570K. Wasn't too sure about the GPU, the 650's seemed like they couldn't really handle max settings on games based on a couple reviews I read and the 660ti seemed a bit out of budget when comparing it just the regular 660. Nvidia gpus are preferred over AMD mainly because of Physx and good drivers. Didn't really dabble into AMD processors as I am not familiar with them much. Thoughts and recommendations?

Your answer to number 6 and subsequent statement doesn't match: I'm gonna ask again: Will you be overclocking?

Back