Budget Gaming Laptop

Digital Oxide

Limp Gawd
upgrading a laptop cpu is not much different from a desktop. I've messed around with my m1210 and only replaced the t.i.m. on the cpu and gpu and cleaned the hsf. coretemp says mine is socket 478/479 and it looked like you drop it in and its secured by a screw.

upgrading a laptop cpu is not much different from a desktop. I've messed around with my m1210 and only replaced the t.i.m. on the cpu and gpu and cleaned the hsf. coretemp says mine is socket 478/479 and it looked like you drop it in and its secured by a screw.

there's still a small measure of taking apart your laptop to get to the HSF which IS of course mounted way different than any desktop machine. But you're right, once you get to the CPU, and it's not hardwired to the machine, it is just like changing out a desktop counterpart.

Research first because it's alot of work most times to do this and most laptops are very finicky on what CPU (mostly mobile type) they'll accept. Even then, since BIOS' are severely limited (much of the time with a few exceptions..but growing by the day) so you have to meet a fine line of specs as well.

Back