Budget 1155 board?

CousinVin

Limp Gawd
I'm on a bit tighter of a budget for this build. I picked up a 2500k sealed on here for a good price, but need a motherboard. I will only be running one high end graphics card to start with, but the option to run dual cards would be nice. As for budget, I would like to keep it under $200, but if someone has some reasoning for me to buy something nicer, then by all means, educate me!:D

I would like a full ATX too. This may in the future be in a WC loop as well.

Ya, id have to agree, $200 is not budget so im not sure of your logic there lol. That is almost any top board in the 1155 category....

I picked up the Asus P8Z68-V LX for 120 at microcenter($70 with my 2500k purchase). Seems like a good basic board so far. Cant beat that for $70. :p

Anyways, good budget boards, Asus P8Z68-V LX or LE.

I got a used evga z68 FTW for under $150 the other day and let me tell you this board is sweet.

Ya, id have to agree, $200 is not budget so im not sure of your logic there lol. That is almost any top board in the 1155 category....

I picked up the Asus P8Z68-V LX for 120 at microcenter($70 with my 2500k purchase). Seems like a good basic board so far. Cant beat that for $70. :p

Anyways, good budget boards, Asus P8Z68-V LX or LE.

That is exactly why I went with the V-LX for BridgeWalker.

Praise - full ATX, UEFI, Z68, warranty/RMA coverage, price, IB compatibility

Mayonnaise - availability (especially the V-LE; MC doesn't carry the V-LE, and the Egg sells out rather quickly of both V-LX and V-LE)

In this price range I like the MSI Z68A-GD65 (Gen3), the ASRock Z68 Extreme4 (Gen3), Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD4. Each of them offer about the same features and all are good solid boards that will go well with the Intel® Core™ i5-2500K.

In this price range I like the MSI Z68A-GD65 (Gen3), the ASRock Z68 Extreme4 (Gen3), Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD4. Each of them offer about the same features and all are good solid boards that will go well with the Intel® Core™ i5-2500K.

I had one of those Gigabyte UD4s and it was solid, but the BIOS is kinda funky.

I like the Gigabyte boards, but no UEFI. Asus has a list of PCIe 3.0 ready boards, but anything that doesn't support SLI is a prime candidate from any manufacturer. That is if PCIe 3.0 is important to you.

http://event.asus.com/2011/mb/PCIe3_Ready/

Which is another surprising reason to go with the V-LX or V-LE. Other than MSI (which supports IB and PCIe 3.0 across all of Z68 from high-end to budget) budget Z68 boards that do both are scarce. The V-LX and V-LE actually beat the GEN3 refresh of the mainstream and high-end in this regard (again, only MSI has this much PCIe3/IB range).

Just make sure that your BIOS is updated to at minimum 0602 (current is 0703).

Back