BT Speakers - AC adapter to save battery?

dragnandy

Limp Gawd
Hey [H] buddies,

I have an TDK A360 bluetooth speaker. It has an AC adapter that I can plug into the wall, and a build in battery. The manual says there is a DC switch in the back that I need to turn on when I want to use the battery.

My question is, am I saving my battery's life expectancy by plugging it into the AC adapter and turning off the DC switch in the back? A lot of times, I am using it around the house using battery power, but should I start plugging it into the AC?

Also, what happens if I am using the AC adapter, but have the DC switch in the back "ON", am I essentially charging the battery while draining it at the same time?

That "DC switch" is an on/off switch. When it's plugged in it is charging, when it isn't plugged in it is either off or using battery. Plug it in and flip the switch, it turns off right?

No, actually when it is plugged in the AC adapter and the switch is off, the speakers are still on. Thats why I'm guessing when the switch is off, the AC adapter is directly powering the speaker (sparing the batterys life), but its all just speculation for me.

Oh that's cool, I found the manual, it is just a battery switch. When plugged in it should charge and bypass the battery, it wont be powered by the batter if it is plugged in.

Personally unless I were running all over the house I would plug it in from place to place, but I don't know. Sometimes I hear that draining the battery is good and prevents it from "learning" to only use partial charge, sometimes I hear it's better to keep it at full charge for longevity.

The manual says you can buy replacement batteries but I can't find one anywhere. I wonder if you took the pack apart it's just regular rechargables in series. Maybe you could try it and replace the batteries in the pack with higher quality ones. I see one site lists it as 12 D batteries, but I have no idea if this cube is even that big.

hmm, alright! Looks like ill be plugging it in from now on, unless im outdoors. Thanks HeavensCloud!

Back