BSOD's with 10.12 / 5850

BlindedByScience

More Human than Human
Seems that I'm getting BSOD's with the new Catalyst 10.12 drivers and my Sapphire 5850 in Win7-64. Happens most often when the machine goes to sleep. Just uninstalled them and went back to 10.11 and already things seem better. There's a thread over on the Steam forums about this. Some extended testing is clearly in order.....

Anyone else experience any weirdness with 10.12...??

Yeah, I was getting this. It's a common issue with the driver, your not alone. Happens when the monitor powers down.

I just disabled monitor power down and it's been fine since, it's not too often it happened.

Confirmed.....no issues with 10.11.

As far as the whole sleep / suspend thing goes, I'd never used it until W7. Seemed to work so well that I thought letting things cool down when I wasn't around wasn't a bad idea. Maybe I'll rethink that.... For years, I < never > shut my computer off.

Mine does the same thing, didn't do it on the 10.10 drivers, only on the 10.12 but performance is good with them so I'll stick with the 10.12. Or ill just sell my video card and cpu and mobo and go sandy bridge and gtx 570, tough decisions. :p

Back