BSOD Tried everything but no help

lillimon04

2[H]4U
Ok so i got my new 500gb hdd in and i install xp home and then i try to go to upgrade to my xp pro i have but when its about to install everything it gives me a bsod 0x000000e, and i tried taking out my vid card, using intergrated, taki9ng out wireless card, tried one stick of ram, tried switching them, tried all chkdsk, tried boot fix, tried fixmbr or something, tried refomatting and a new install, tried everything i can think of and no go. Can anyone help me out?

Have you tried an actual clean install of XP Pro all by itself on the blank hard drive?
Just curious, but it seems like you've tried most everything I myself would have suggested: gutting the machine to just mobo/CPU/RAM/hard drive/optical/onboard video and still had no luck, but you didn't say what OS you were trying to use when you did that.

Looks like it might be related to the usual UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME error a lot of us geeks see so often in such situations. You didn't say if the new drive was SATA or ATA, or what controller is in use (SATA or ATA, and what brand/model of the controller).

There are a lot of variables at work here and the info you provided simply isn't enough to go on. Try giving some more info and maybe I/we can do better to help.

Ya my xp pro doesnt have a boot thing on it or something so i cant boot from the disc. And ya just been using xp home and pro. the hdd is sata and the sata controller is onboard, the chipset is ati i forgot exact thing, its a f-i90hd board.

If the XP Pro is pre-sp2 you might need s-ata drivers (during first setup screen F6 options) but you need a floppy drive for that obviously.

Too bad your XP Pro isn't bootable.. you can't get everything while pirating.. :D

Ya i have tried that with my xp pro but it doesnt have a boot thing on the cd i guess.

well you need floopy right? Well this ha happened to me on another pc, i even changed out the cpu, ram, and mobo, so i dont think its my ram. maybe time for new xp pro cd?

Back