BSOD On Installation (XP SP1)

]|[ Mar']['in ]|[

Supreme [H]ardness
Check to be sure you have adequate disk space. If a driver is identified in the stop messages, disabled the driver or check with the manufacturere for driver updates. Try chaning video adapters. Check with your hardware vendor for any BIOS updates (disable BIOS memeory options such as catching or shadowing...blah blah blah

So I have 2 of the exact same computer, one of which I'm posting from, the other useless because of this error.

It's an albatron mobo with onboard everything (including mx440) with 512mb of pc2700 ram and 1700+ proc.

Any ideas here? I don't get why one worked flawlessly and the other after I went through the formatting the hard drive process gets an error.

maybe i'm not reading it right, but are you getting this when trying to install xp from a fresh drive, or do you already have xp installed and are just upgrading to sp1?

I need the numbers that are across the screen when you see this. Also, are you updating, or did you run a full setup, CD boot, or downlevel?

New computer Fresh drive and everything. Fully reformatted.
It's now saying Driver_IRQL_Less_OR_EQUAL
Here's the numbers on the screen.

0x000000D1 (0xD9CB9ED8, -0X000000FF, 0x00000001, 0x8538E20)

Eh, I got the original one now.

0x0000008E (0XC0000005,0xF77AB1f1,0xF739C9B8,0X00000000)

setupdd.sys - Address F77AB1f1 Base at F7774000, DateStamp 3d6dd67f

I would try disabling everything that is onboard, that isn't necessary to get through the setup prcoess. Next i would check you RAM, by using Memtest86+. I got an IRQ_... message after i overclocked cheap RAM since the RAM wasn't capable of being overclocked very far. Also i have had failed installs due to bad RAM, as soon as it would attempt to copy files after formatting, the system would stop installation and give me an error message. So i would also check that. Good luck.

It was the RAM. I'm guessing the ram I got was bad, as it didn't work in that computer, and didn't work in my other computer either....what a bummer.

Now i have to go through the hastle of getting it replaced.

Thanks a lot for the help, I'm sure you saved me a few hours of headache.

Back