BSOD in W7 + Event Log + minidump

postcd

Weaksauce
Hello,
this issue do not go away: seemingly similar BSOD's, game freezing for a second sometimes, and displayed screen image defects.

Regarding screen defects - these may not be related to BSOD, these defects happen when i connect the monitor to both mine computers at same time thru the HDMI switch and seeing the output of any of the computers. But when i disconnect video cable of either computer, the defects go away. I tried several cables and two different HDMI switches. This did not happen before some time. Maybe some electric fault in monitor? I would guess no interference can do it, i was moving with cables, but not tried to move monitor yet.
Beside image deffects, the screen goes black for moments, i see it happen also in different OS and it is realated to external USB HDD activity (weird, isn't it?). But when i use different monitor, it does not happen. So maybe my default monitor is vulnerable to some curent spikes or some electrical issue that goes from USB port to HDMI. Weird.

Regarding BSOD and game freezing, i want to ask if you can please link to details on what is necessary to provide/do in order you can tell where the problem is. I read that suggested things to try is to:
1) disable firewall (i have none except windows one)
2) disconnect non necessary devices
3) use System restore to undo recent changes
4) check for HDD, memory errors (meant SMART and memtest program - part of many live distributions like rescue cd or mxlinux)
5) roll-back (uninstall) drivers of the devices that was most recently added (it is said to do Safe mode - not sure how necessary this is), check if that works, and then install drivers from official site of the manufacturer

So far here are some interesting Windows Event log entries + link to a minidump.

Last edited:
Run memtest86+ for a couple of hours. If even one error occurs there's your reason for BSOD.

" these defects happen when i connect the monitor to both mine computers at same time thru the HDMI switch and seeing the output of any of the computers. "
So when both computers are plugged into the hdmi switch, both get screen defects? or just one does?

dbwillis Both has defects. Screen turning black or damaged image for moments.
When computer crashed last time, it was constantly displaying image like an 15 years old television. No BSOD. This image also happen when there is electrical surplus or something like that i guess when i turn off my very old AV receiver. I have to turn off and on monitor to start displaying normal. But i guess monitor can not cause PC BSOD and crash...

B00nie thx, have finished running memtest86 for several hours, it did 7 iterations without error.
I have then went to Device manager and disabled Monitor device and AMD crash device (it was showing an error in event log). I also re-seated graphic card and HDD cable. Rebooted. Played a game for one hour without problem. If crash reappear, my idea is to uninstall GPU drivers using https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html
Btw, anyone is able to tell where may be problem based on log and BSOD error i provided? Or it is not enough identifiable.

Last edited:
That memory dump shows a paging in error of Wininit.exe. This is usually caused by failing Mass Storage devices in the chain. (mobo, hdd, etc) Your event log entry is another driver failing to page in, your video driver.

Have you ran a chkdsk recently and see if there are errors?

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Yes, i have ran the Scandisk, result is OK.

Though maybe due to actions described in the second half of my previous post, i no longer see that kind of BSOD. Instead i have had only one BSOD that seems a bit different code:

The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000001e (0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000). A dump was saved in: C:\Windows\Minidump\102420-19905-01.dmp. Report Id: 102420-19905-01.

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 1e
BCP1: 0000000000000000
BCP2: 0000000000000000
BCP3: 0000000000000000
BCP4: 0000000000000000
OS Version: 6_1_7601
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 256_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\102420-19905-01.dmp (i have uploaded it here: ----> https://www.sendspace.com/file/endwqe)
C:\Users\lynx\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-31746-0.sysdata.xml

Read our privacy statement online:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

That bugcheck says a USB device sent some data that doesn't make sense... I can't get more details since you are on Windows 7.... I am 100% sure you have some hardware issue in your machine. I can't help you more than that, sorry.

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Back