Brutal Doom 64 Gets a Trailer and a Release Date

HardOCP News

[H] News
Brutal Doom 64 is only a week away. If you are not familiar with Brutal Doom 64, watch the trailer below and you'll be sold. Tell me that doesn't look like a lot of fun!

I'm gonna have to fire up my copy of Doom 64... I bought it and never played it.

So will this be a standalone installation from ModDB or does it need a base game?

Still better than the new doom game. Wow that's sad.

45285873.jpg

PSA to all of those who have not yet played DOOM2016: It's really good. Like, GOTY Good.

PSA to all of those who have not yet played DOOM2016: It's really good. Like, GOTY Good.

Only because all of the other games from 2016 sucked balls.

Okay, that's not entirely true. Doom2016 was pretty good, but GOTY is a stretch.

Edit: also SCHWING for Brutal Doom 64, I've played the original Brutal Doom and it's fucking fantastic.

Looks great. But alas I do not have a copy of DooM 2........maybe on eBay??? or does a place like Good old Games have it for download???

Well then.......2.49 on Steam.....might just be a bit of good fun, 2.50 for Steam and 10 bucks donation to the guy who made the mod.

I love me some Brutal Doom.. cant wait for this. I have been playing it since version way back whenever and it was really buggy... it has come a LONG way and is a very great mod/overlay to a original game

Seems like it's running a bit slow to me. But hey more doom is good doom. :)

Running a bit slow could be done on purpose in today's world of super duper hella fucking insanely fast gaming hardware and I'm all for it, looks like it could just be nothing but a blast to play in my opinion.

Been thinking about building a classic gaming box again, still got a Voodoo5 5500 AGP card in a drawer here, hasn't been used in almost a decade. Load the machine up with the classics from id Software like Doom, Wolfenstein, Quake I/II/III, lots of mods, the original Unreal (not Unreal Tournament, never could stand that clone crap personally), Descent, a bunch of others, could be a fun thing I suppose but I keep putting it off, guess I should just get it the fuck done someday. :D

Back