Brown ZUNE "preorder" $99 at buy.com

It's really too bad the Zune supports such a narrow range of file formats or I would have bought a couple of them. They're neat devices...if only they supported Ogg, FLAC, etc..

Beware of new "UPS Budget" aka "UPS Mail Innovations" shipping BUY.COM screwed me over on my last (and last ever from them) order.

They shipped from NJ warehouse, which usually meant that I would be getting my stuff next day. So far so good, package arrived to my regional distribution center at night. Next morning UPS took the freaking box, GAVE IT TO USPS in the afternoon (yes, United States Postal Office) and I eventually got my package on FIFTH business day.

Needless to say BUY.COM their new shipping method caused them to lose a customer.

Beware of new "UPS Budget" aka "UPS Mail Innovations" shipping BUY.COM screwed me over on my last (and last ever from them) order.

They shipped from NJ warehouse, which usually meant that I would be getting my stuff next day. So far so good, package arrived to my regional distribution center at night. Next morning UPS took the freaking box, GAVE IT TO USPS in the afternoon (yes, United States Postal Office) and I eventually got my package on FIFTH business day.

Needless to say BUY.COM their new shipping method caused them to lose a customer.

it is pretty stupid...

i ordered crucial ballistix kits with my gf's account a while back, and the 1st package with budget shipping arrived with bubble wrap envelope OPEN and EMPTY, and the 2nd package with budget shipping arrived, but refused... and then got lost.

buy.com refunded the 1st package, but did NOT issue refund on the lost, refused package... they tried to screw my gf out of like $120. she is never again shopping buy.com.

needless to say, i've shopped buy.com roughly 40-50x and not one issue yet.

looks like poop

lol - it does.

how big is this thing? i have a sansa sandisk 8gb and wondering if the zune is worth it... i like something small b/c i use my mp3 player about 90min a day at the gym.

You're blaming buy.com because you chose the cheapest shipping option and it took a while to reach you? FedEx and DHL both have contracts with USPS and offer the exact same service. Are you going to refuse to deal with every other company online because they're trying to save their customers money on shipping for those who so choose?

how big is this thing? i have a sansa sandisk 8gb and wondering if the zune is worth it... i like something small b/c i use my mp3 player about 90min a day at the gym.

The Zune is slightly larger than an iPod and a little bit heavier. It's a HDD based player, so you really shouldn't consider it for the gym/working out. You should definitely stick with flash players for that.

Just a heads up; the claims are bogus.

The 30GB Zune? No changes in November except a new firmware. And hey, guess what? If you buy a 30GB Zune at BestBuy today? Yes, you get the firmware upgrade too.

The Woot is a much, much better deal. buy.com has more than once burned people I know.

I just ordered one of these from buy.com last week (for $139.99 :(). It shipped on the 10th and I got it today using their free shipping. This is my first mp3 player and so far I like it, seems easy enough to use and sound quality is as good as my old portable cd player. It's a new unit, not a refurbished one like woot was selling.

You're blaming buy.com because you chose the cheapest shipping option and it took a while to reach you? FedEx and DHL both have contracts with USPS and offer the exact same service. Are you going to refuse to deal with every other company online because they're trying to save their customers money on shipping for those who so choose?

The Zune is slightly larger than an iPod and a little bit heavier. It's a HDD based player, so you really shouldn't consider it for the gym/working out. You should definitely stick with flash players for that.

Perhaps I am a little disappointed, for the reasons outlined in my post above. The stuff used to arrive very quick, now it doesn't. This is a change for worse for me so I have the right to complain about it (they have an email in their mailbox).

Thanks for cooling me down :)

wow i ordered four of these things and it says they won't ship until around november 19th, almost a month.

why is this????? please help!!!!!

what are the differences between the zune 1 and 2?????

thanks!

and by the way this deal is STILL ALIVE!!!!!!

wow i ordered four of these things and it says they won't ship until around november 19th, almost a month.

Did you not see on the page, its right after the product title, it is clearly written in red that they would on or around Nov 19th

Help with what? You'll get them when they ship. There's a big description in red saying when they will ship even says it in the product summary too, how did you miss that? :confused:

i'm not pissed about it not shipping for a month, just wondering why it is so long. seems crazy to me! sorry for alarming everybody

They aren't shipping because they probably don't have them yet. A company can sell things they don't have yet.

hth

i'm not pissed about it not shipping for a month, just wondering why it is so long. seems crazy to me! sorry for alarming everybody

It's a PREorder, you just reserved some of their stock that's coming in on the 19th.

Assuming they did not oversell...again.

Back