Brothers in Arms Hell's highway awesomO!

blottingpaper

Limp Gawd
Just an early saturday morning rant...

Love this game! Got it pretty cheap from newegg for the weekend gaming experience and i must say that this game is soooo pretty! and fun!

though the cover system is a little clunky, (u have to press Q to cover and press Q again to uncover urself) overall the gameplay is fine

however the cinematics of the game, the long introduction, the long in between stages cut scenes, plus how pretty it all looked...they are all quite compelling for the player to keep playing!

and did i mention that, the game occasionally throw in slo-mo of headshots! :) that was surprising the first time it happened as i managed to headshot someone from atop of windmill!

pretty awesome game i say!

Yep, I really enjoyed this game too! The slo mo head shots were awesome but its soooo satisfying gettin a slo mo when you've lobbed a nade into a bunch of Nazis.. Limbs and body parts everywhere!

Some people actually complained about the length and quality of the cinematics but I agree with you that they are really well done. The game has some excellent production values.

I never completed BiAHH! I think I was pretty close to the end but then RL reared its ugly head and interrupted me. I'll go back for a replay some day :p

I got half way through this game and never completed it, I think thats a situational thing rather than any fault of the game though. It was very well presented, it's got the most unique set of high res textures for the character models I think i've ever seen, they've all got unique scars and facial hair, covered in mud and dirt, and no mirroring of the body what so ever.

The slow motion headshots were extremely satisfying, so was limb removal via grenades and alike. The cutscenes were good and I enjoyed them as part of an overal cinematic experience, I felt more connected with the characters and felt pulled into the game because of it.

My only real complaint about the game was that it was a bit consoley, a lot of the tactics were similar throughout, essentially use a squad to pin the enemy, then either charge them with an assault squad or flank them, It never seemed to get more complicated than that.

Definately one to reinstall and finish!

it got repetitive. half way though the game I just wanted to get it over with. Managed to finally finish the game just because I wanted to finish it for the sake of finishing a game. Much like farcry 2 but with farcry I couldn't finish it.

I bit on the Newegg deal on this too.

I've really enjoyed the single-player campaign but I do agree it is a bit repetitive. Suppress and flank over and over. I think it would play better if the maps were more open and the AI was better. As it is now the enemy really doesn't reposition or fall back that much and they get completely owned by grenades.

I feel like the cover is placed a bit too conveniently to be believable but I realize it is required for the game mechanics to work. Overall I think it's a solid game and well worth my $8. Anyone know if the multiplayer is worth a shot?

yea...almost finsihing...on "black friday" now and i have to say that it is repetitive. Anywhere i see "coverable" bins or walls i can expect enemies. And the enemies are too predictable, with slow reaction. But overall i can live with this and the slo-mo effect is really cool..especially with really long lucky shot! The only thing that keep me playing is the oawesome cutscenes and pretty graphic and so far, interesting story line!

havent try multiplayer yet but will do after the singleplayer!

and that hospital stage...freaking me out!!!!!!!! i think my anxiety drastically lowered its threshold with age!

I bit on the Newegg deal on this too.

I've really enjoyed the single-player campaign but I do agree it is a bit repetitive. Suppress and flank over and over. I think it would play better if the maps were more open and the AI was better. As it is now the enemy really doesn't reposition or fall back that much and they get completely owned by grenades.

I feel like the cover is placed a bit too conveniently to be believable but I realize it is required for the game mechanics to work. Overall I think it's a solid game and well worth my $8. Anyone know if the multiplayer is worth a shot?

I bought it a few weeks back on steam and loved it (Played the previous two as well so I knew the characters/backstory).

I found the story very compelling and some of the cinematics were just downright great, especially the one between Red and Baker near the end, the look in the eyes of the characters snd things put a lot of emotion behind them without even having to say it.

I can't wait for the next one (Bastogne chapter).

they certainly put A LOT of effort in the cut scenes that's for sure!

for me, it is the story line that compell you to play!

imagine rainbow six vegas 1 & 2 gameplay with such cut scenes...

I bought it a few weeks back on steam and loved it (Played the previous two as well so I knew the characters/backstory).

I found the story very compelling and some of the cinematics were just downright great, especially the one between Red and Baker near the end, the look in the eyes of the characters snd things put a lot of emotion behind them without even having to say it.

I can't wait for the next one (Bastogne chapter).

I did not like the parts were you were split from your squad. The squad based combat was really fun though.

The mp really isn't that good. It was developed independtly by Rockstar North and not Gearbox. There's no squads to command (like in the earlier BIA mp game) and the netcode is terrible, evenw ith a good connection you'll lag a lot.

I really enjoyed the game. Played it through in just a few days. And I agree that the cinematic are great, however the run a tad too long in my taste.
But then again, I enjoyed MGS's cut scenes so maybe its just me.

Loved it at first but never completed it. A combination of other games coming out and the gameplay gets a bit repetitive. I really didn't like the way the AI was so defensive, 100% of the time the Jerry's would withdrawl. Predictable to the point of absurdity

true...

AI always behind cover. Game is merely cover and shoot (i think i remember reading this too in a review). The fight against the tank is basically running up to it and press E and running away. The fight with the tank is like god-mode with unlimited bazooka!

but then again i never try to play in authentic mode and i just want to finish the fight to see the next cut scene and unfold the story. And the ending was worth it! :)

dun think the game will warrant another play through though..

Just picked it up myself. I was putting it off until I could finish Earned in Blood, but for $10 on Newegg, I couldn't wait. I really like the mix of tactical and FPS elements in the first two. Definitely looking forward to the destructible environments and cover mechanic in this one.

Back