Brothers in Arm=wow

NightWolf

Limp Gawd
This is by far the best looking WW2 game i have ever seen, i know there is alot of WW2 games out there and COD did a great job of it, but it looks as if BIA is going to woop the hell out of it, these graphics and the confirmed gameplay looks to be like anything we have seen....and this is all IMO, so please elaberate
http://pc.ign.com/articles/523/523316p1.html

brothers-in-arms-20040614054831330.jpg

brothers-in-arms-20040614054833283.jpg

brothers-in-arms-20040614054835877.jpg

brothers-in-arms-20040512090249633.jpg

brothers-in-arms-20040512090708437.jpg

brothers-in-arms-20040512093609424.jpg

Brother in Arms looks to be Call of Duty with Far Crys graphics. Looks to be an awesome game!! Definately going to be on my "Must Buy" list.

they look amazing but they could benefit from some good old AA, i see a lot of jagged lines, but thats not the games fault

looks like a great game

Beautiful looking game, and from what ive herd about the game play, its going to kick all the other ww2 shooters out of the water! :D

Omg!!!!111111111 Online Lagg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111111

and... OMG, RUN SMOOTHLY ONLINE? I THINK NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111111

I've seen the game and plan to visit Gearbox in the next week or so.

I'd say the comparison of a mix of Far Cry and Call of Duty in regards to the graphics. The gameplay is very different though. There is a heavy reliance on squad play. None of this Rambo stuff you might see in other games. There'll be lots of strategy involved to accomplish goals. I'd say this will end up being the Patton of WWII games if development continues to go well.

there is a heavy reliance on squad play in competitive CoD and other WW2 shooters as well (hell through in all team-based shooters).

Jäger said:
there is a heavy reliance on squad play in competitive CoD and other WW2 shooters as well (hell through in all team-based shooters).

Maybe this one will break the mold? I hope so :p

Jäger said:

Umm, have you read/watched the videos for BIA?

It's squad based i nthe sense that you actually control your squad.

you tell them where to go, etc. You have basically a small squad for supression fire and then an assault squad to fix the target and kill em.

It's kind of like Full spec warrior in terms of gameplay rather then CoD and moh games.

Plus the fact that BIA is based on a true story with real people and everything.

Stiler said:

you tell them where to go, etc. You have basically a small squad for supression fire and then an assault squad to fix the target and kill em.

It's kind of like Full spec warrior in terms of gameplay rather then CoD and moh games.

Plus the fact that BIA is based on a true story with real people and everything.

hes right about the true story and real people heres some screens to prove it
brothersinarms_041904__041904_009.jpg

brothersinarms_041904__041904_010.jpg

and here are some more awesome scenery pics
brothersinarms_041904__041904_009.jpg

brothersinarms_041904__041904_010.jpg

The textures need work, but this game has potential.
I can not wait for more!

NightWolf said:
point out some bland textures

Road, grass and tanks in the first two screens.
I just want a game to use some high-res textures for once.
To me this game looks only a little better then Battlefield 1942, well ok, its a lot better, better enviroments. But it still is lacking in that shit my pants awsomeness that I have been waiting soo long for, and keep getting dissapointed...

laz said:
Road, grass and tanks in the first two screens.
I just want a game to use some high-res textures for once.
To me this game looks only a little better then Battlefield 1942, well ok, its a lot better, better enviroments. But it still is lacking in that shit my pants awsomeness that I have been waiting soo long for, and keep getting dissapointed...

well hopefully a game will come out to suit all our wants in textures, but you have to admit that this is a nice looking game, and the gameplay seems to be top notch

CoD was just a heavily scripted game, hopefully this will be something much much more.

The textures look like crap, polygons could have been used better. HDR is its only saving feature. And another war sim is *yawn*

pr0pensity said:
The textures look like crap, polygons could have been used better. HDR is its only saving feature. And another war sim is *yawn*

Another war sim? we have YET to have ONE, just one "realistic" wwII fps game. This one has the squad play in it aswell.

Moh/CoD were fun but damn arcadey.

pr0pensity said:

"polygons could have been used better"

That's probably the dumbest statement I've ever heard. Not because of the way the game looks, but just on general principle.

pr0pensity said:

As others have already pointed out....your definately on the crack pipe.....

How can you call those textures "crap"....are you playing some secret WWII game that no one else knows about?

Kared

I am going to have to back him up and say the textures are bland. The faces all look the same to me, also. I have great interest in WW2 so I still can't wait for this.

Stiler said:

I was hoping for more of a Ghost Recon type of control over the squad. It is a step above all the other WWII FPS from what I have seen in in the video

FiZ said:
I am going to have to back him up and say the textures are bland. The faces all look the same to me, also. I have great interest in WW2 so I still can't wait for this.
Point out any bland textures to me, in the screens ive posted, and then find a game where you belive that has high res textures better than it, please dont make your self look like a tard, and back it up

Stiler said:
Another war sim? we have YET to have ONE, just one "realistic" wwII fps game. This one has the squad play in it aswell.

Moh/CoD were fun but damn arcadey.

I don't know if I'd want a "realistic" WWII game. It was a horrible war (as all wars are). I already feel weird enough playing a GAME about it. I don't know what my grandfather would think if he were around and knew people were playing (as in having fun) a game about that war. They're as realistic as they need to be.

Now, I enjoy mowing down bad guys as much as the next dude out there, but every now and then I take a step back and think "Man, nothing shocks me anymore."

NightWolf said:
Point out any bland textures to me, in the screens ive posted, and then find a game where you belive that has high res textures better than it, please dont make your self look like a tard, and back it up
By your attitude, I see that you are hard set on your opinion and any facts I bring will be met with bullshit excuses.
If you're easily impressed, so be it, but don't fool yourself into believing this is the pinnacle of gaming.

If you can't see a low resolution texture great, you'll have more fun. I suppose you're the target market for the Radeon 9600 Pro.

pr0pensity said:
I suppose you're the target market for the Radeon 9600 Pro.

What the hell is that supposed to mean?

I'm not buying into the hype around this game until I get a chance to play it myself. Gearbox has had an absoutely horrid run of releases the last couple of years ( Anybody remember 007? Didn't think so...)

-Ace-

CatsGoMoo said:
I don't know if I'd want a "realistic" WWII game. It was a horrible war (as all wars are). I already feel weird enough playing a GAME about it. I don't know what my grandfather would think if he were around and knew people were playing (as in having fun) a game about that war. They're as realistic as they need to be.

Now, I enjoy mowing down bad guys as much as the next dude out there, but every now and then I take a step back and think "Man, nothing shocks me anymore."

So you would rather play a game like bf1942 that for a lack of better words make the wwII area look like an arcadey/fun game as opposed to someone who would want a wwII game that shows what it was really like over there and stuff?

A lot of people like realistic games, taht's why operation flashpoint did so good.

pr0pensity said:
By your attitude, I see that you are hard set on your opinion and any facts I bring will be met with bullshit excuses.
If you're easily impressed, so be it, but don't fool yourself into believing this is the pinnacle of gaming.

If you can't see a low resolution texture great, you'll have more fun. I suppose you're the target market for the Radeon 9600 Pro.

neg. i hate ATI...(no offence to any ATI users, good cards)...i just dont see someone comparing the bad textures to better ones in there opinion, i know farcry could have better textures, but name some others, you have to admit that it is a damn good looking game, and wat ever the engine is, its looking great

>i know farcry could have better textures

So you're full of shit, like I said.

>you have to admit that it is a damn good looking game

No, not really. The texturework and modeling are poor. It is certain to require more power than most current games, but the art is not well done.

NightWolf said:
You need to take a step back and stop taking offense, this is a game. Unless you made those textures yourself you should have absolutely no reason to call me names just because I said I wasn't impressed by them. I didn't post intending to offend you, I was just giving my opinion and giving some support to someone that was getting flamed for doing absolutely nothing. I don't need to back it up, I can see with my own two eyes. If you think they look great then so be it.

Wow...search for and download the E3 video...just look for it on any P2P app...its AWESOME.... :cool:

FiZ said:
You need to take a step back and stop taking offense, this is a game. Unless you made those textures yourself you should have absolutely no reason to call me names just because I said I wasn't impressed by them. I didn't post intending to offend you, I was just giving my opinion and giving some support to someone that was getting flamed for doing absolutely nothing. I don't need to back it up, I can see with my own two eyes. If you think they look great then so be it.

I appoligise, i didnt i guess i let my self get to far with it. I guess im just still used to the [M] where everyone in there are non stop assholes to everyone, i understand your point of view, and i am sorry for the way i acted over your comment, if you belive they do not look that great that so be it. sorry once more

Just watched the AVI. Holy smokes this game looks like it's going to rock! Can't wait.

Just to point out, The e3 Video and screenshots are taken from the XBOX version. They would need to tone down some of the graphics to keep it running smooth on a console. (Notice he says Left and right trigger in the vid and at the end it says press 'A' to continue)

Link

It might be hard to beat the CoD single player but hopefully this game will actually have decent multiplayer... something CoD sorely lacked.

Back