Broken VSS pin on 5800X3D, usable?

hicalypso

n00b
It's the 7th pin up, from the bottom right, on the edge. (31/AM) A VSS pin. Thoughts on it working?

Seller seems to be a reputable IT/tech seller. He said he tests all cpus before selling and that it booted up. He already accepted my return and apologized that he didn't see the pin. He's letting me test it out before returning. I just wanted some smarter peoples thoughts on it before I put it into my mobo to try it. I'm thinking if it works I'll ask for a partial refund if it seems normal.

Pinout Dia: AM4 Pinout Diagram.pdf

I think it should work. At least I don't think you'd blow up something else testing it. Likely you wouldn't notice a difference on a single VSS pin.

Sure the vss pins should be attached to a power plane within the chip making one missing irrelevant. I ran a lga 2011 setup that had 3 or so missing v and gnd pins and didnt have any issue

You could always find a similarly sized wire and stuff it in the missing-pins socket hole if it made you feel better too. Works great on more important pins but make sure you leave yourself a note or something. You might forget when swapping cpus down the road!

Back