Broken Steel Downloadable Content For PC Broken

How about you keep going on being a complete idiot? Either that or you can get a fucking clue and try to use your god damn brain and understand what I'm typing. If you insist on continuing to do the former, don't bother responding to this post.
First of all. I own the retail copy and considering your history not understanding what happened in the first place with Operation Anchorage up to now, they still don't work properly on both the Steam and Retail copies. At first with Broken Steel, it was corrupted, and later it still didn't install properly. Good job for you, a winner is you for getting it to work properly, but on a large scale, they still don't install for most of the general users and Bethseda's forum is filled with post bitching about GFWL's failure to install these DLC properly. They have a 0 for 3 track record on the DLC releases.

First of all. I own the retail copy and considering your history not understanding what happened in the first place with Operation Anchorage up to now, they still don't work properly on both the Steam and Retail copies. At first with Broken Steel, it was corrupted, and later it still didn't install properly. Good job for you, a winner is you for getting it to work properly, but on a large scale, they still don't install for most of the general users and Bethseda's forum is filled with post bitching about GFWL's failure to install these DLC properly. They have a 0 for 3 track record on the DLC releases.

As I've tried to say: People with the Steam version have problems with installing the DLC. Due to some fuck up on someones part (be it Microsoft's Bethesda's or Valve's), users of the Steam version have to manually place the ESM file and tell the game to run it from the launcher.

As for AO, I didn't know it had any major problems because I downloaded it and it worked perfectly. Same with The Pitt actually. That isn't to say the game ran perfectly while playing them, in so much as I didn't discover any new problems. I didn't see wide-spread reports of AO having problems either, unlike the Pitt and Broken Steel have had. There were posts I saw on other forums about people not being able to play it, but everyone of those came down to the user having bought the game from Steam.

As I've tried to say: People with the Steam version have problems with installing the DLC. Due to some fuck up on someones part (be it Microsoft's Bethesda's or Valve's), users of the Steam version have to manually place the ESM file and tell the game to run it from the launcher.

As for AO, I didn't know it had any major problems because I downloaded it and it worked perfectly. Same with The Pitt actually. That isn't to say the game ran perfectly while playing them, in so much as I didn't discover any new problems. I didn't see wide-spread reports of AO having problems either, unlike the Pitt and Broken Steel have had. There were posts I saw on other forums about people not being able to play it, but everyone of those came down to the user having bought the game from Steam.
Operation Anchorage actually had alot of complaints and they took it down the very first day to try and fix the installation issue to no avail in the same fashion that happened with BS. Also people weren't getting the radio signal that they were supposed to even though it showed up in the game and had to be manually fixed as well.

That and Operation Anchorage was extremely buggy to no ends since it was developed quite quickly without any troubleshooting.

They need to change the way GFWL works, allow the users to manually install by their choice no differently than other programs that we do for video card drivers, browser installations, etc. But they don't and it automatically install it for us giving us no clue where the fuck they install it to until we have to find it.

Operation Anchorage actually had alot of complaints and they took it down the very first day to try and fix the installation issue to no avail in the same fashion that happened with BS. Also people weren't getting the radio signal that they were supposed to even though it showed up in the game and had to be manually fixed as well.

That and Operation Anchorage was extremely buggy to no ends since it was developed quite quickly without any troubleshooting.

They need to change the way GFWL works, allow the users to manually install by their choice no differently than other programs that we do for video card drivers, browser installations, etc. But they don't and it automatically install it for us giving us no clue where the fuck they install it to until we have to find it.

My game froze when I got the signal the first time. Not that that is anything new for FO3. Crashed twice during The Pitt. Also nothing new for me. I'd love to blame both of those on the DLC, sadly I can't. The actual game does that to me.

I agree. GFWL needs a lot of work. I like how easy it is to access DLC in the Marketplace, but I hate points and I'm not completely fond of the delivery system. Not overly fond of the way it handles patches either.

Back