Broken PS2 into EB for new/refurbished?

spydermonkey

2[H]4U
Anyone have any experience with trading in a broken Playstation 2 into EB Games for a new or refurbished unit? I'd like to pick another up to play the new Final Fantasy, Guitar Hero 1 and 2, Okami, God of War 1 and 2 once it comes out, and finish Shadow of the Colossus. I don't want to spend too much, and no one on the forums seems to have one for sale right now at a price I'm looking at. Input is appreciated.

They will test the system before they give you credit for it.
If it is broken they'll probably give you $25 for it.
If your problem is a disk read error, you can 'fix it' then trade it in for the full value and then buy one there or use your credit at another EB.

Tried fixing it multiple times now, no luck. My only option left is to replace the laser. I have a version 4, so I can only use KHS 400 B or C, I know B isn't being made anymore, and C is in limited supply, so lasers usually go for 50+. If I'm going to spend that much, I feel I should get something I know for sure will work. I've got a bid in on a 400C on ebay right now, so I'll see if I can get in on that, otherwise, I might end up going with refurbished + trade in credit.

Back