Broken monitor from asus again

Psycrow

Gawd
That is something with your video card or drivers.

The monitor has no idea what is/isn't a mouse pointer. It only displays what the video card sends it.

It was just strange as the problem started to come after i got the replacement monitor. I have never seen this problem in my life until last day

I tryed to reinstall video drivers and mouse drivers..nothing helped..
I still think the monitor is broken since this problem was not here friday when i had my old monitor

But i dident do anything or changed anything since the monitor swap..and i scanned my OS with several anti virus softwares
So this happend from day 1 to day 2 out of nowhere

Quick googling says something like that could be caused by HP Smart Web Printing app. If you have something like that then see if removing fixes it. Likewise try running your browser without any extensions.

I agree that it sounds like a software issue because the display just renders what is given by the GPU.

I would try using DDU to uninstall your display drivers fully and then reinstalling to see if that helps.

But i dident do anything or changed anything since the monitor swap..and i scanned my OS with several anti virus softwares
So this happend from day 1 to day 2 out of nowhere
A monitor still cannot feed itself data. There is positively no way it’s the monitor. It’s not possible. No matter how logical you’re thinking.

Swap it out for another monitor. I’m willing to bet the exact same issue remains.

Last edited:
But i dident do anything or changed anything since the monitor swap
What is the video card?

What kind of cable are you using to connect the monitor to the video card?

Is it the same cable you used with the old monitor?

Quick googling says something like that could be caused by HP Smart Web Printing app. If you have something like that then see if removing fixes it. Likewise try running your browser without any extensions.

I agree that it sounds like a software issue because the display just renders what is given by the GPU.

I would try using DDU to uninstall your display drivers fully and then reinstalling to see if that helps.

A monitor still cannot feed itself data. There is positively no way it’s the monitor. It’s not possible. No matter how logical you’re thinking.

Swap it out for another monitor. I’m willing to bet the exact same issue remains.

What is the video card?

What kind of cable are you using to connect the monitor to the video card?

Is it the same cable you used with the old monitor?

I dont have any hp apps installed and i only have addblock installed in the browser.

And i could try swap monitor but i only have a old samsung 60 hz 27"

2080 rtx ti gigabyte and i bought a new and better DP cable to test with but it dident help.

I dont have any hp apps installed and i only have addblock installed in the browser.

And i could try swap monitor but i only have a old samsung 60 hz 27"

2080 rtx ti gigabyte and i bought a new and better DP cable to test with but it dident help.
takes a few minutes to try that other monitor. Do it. Most efficient troubleshooting step you can take.

Are you sure the video resolution is 3840x2160?
What is the refresh rate on the desktop where you see this purple cursor issue?
I'm beginning to wonder if there is some sort of video scaling going on inside the monitor. Sometimes scaling algorithms inside monitors are not great.
Or some odd refresh rate thing.

The fact that "shaking" the mouse cursor makes the purple cursor go away is just... weird.

It almost looks like a stereoscopic version of the pointer. Check your Windows display settings and any ASUS-related software settings as well, on your PC and the monitor itself. Nowadays with G-Sync (don't know what Freesync 2 monitors are doing recently so I won't comment on them), monitors can do some backwards communication as well via the Nvidia driver (with the PG278Q for example, you could hit a button on the monitor to switch refresh rates). Actually I found the same issue reported here with regard to AMD drivers and certain cards: https://www.overclock.net/forum/132-windows/1425155-my-mouse-cursor-showing-up-dotted-line.html

So your newly replaced monitor could be impacting the phenomenon as you think, but not necessarily because it is itself defective.

I looked at ur link and it seems like it is the same problem..when i "shake" the pointer then it goes away until it comes back..i havent had the issue today. So i hope it fixet it self.

Im using 3840x2160 98 hz 10 bpc full rgb + HDR

Allright i installed a old Nvidia driver and if this dident help then i will connect my 60 hz samsung 27" monitor
But i i doubt it will happend on that monitor since this pg27uq is full of features and G synch + HDR and higher hz rates.
And maybe it could be one of these features that triggers it.

Allright i installed a old Nvidia driver and if this dident help then i will connect my 60 hz samsung 27" monitor
But i i doubt it will happend on that monitor since this pg27uq is full of features and G synch + HDR and higher hz rates.
And maybe it could be one of these features that triggers it.
can you post a picture of whats going on? Im also curious if the issue would show up in a screenshot.....cause if it did then the display is working as intended.

See if you can change you mouse pointer icon in Win 10 goto:
Settings
Ease of Access
then change the mouse pointer.

I can change the pointer icon in the settings.
But i cant make a screenshot because the pointer dont show up on screenshots
That is why i took a picture and posted it in the top links

I can change the pointer icon in the settings.
But i cant make a screenshot because the pointer dont show up on screenshots
That is why i took a picture and posted it in the top links
just tried it myself lol....didnt show the mouse either.....i know its possible somehow lol.....i would certainly see what effect it has tweaking the mouse pointer in the settings as well

Day 2 with old nvidia drivers and i havent seen any problems..there is a new driver just released from nvidia..do i dare to update :D

It might have just been a crap installation.
I've seen where people have had problems and installing the driver again sorted it out.
Sometimes running a driver cleaner in between helped.
Give it a try, you can always roll back.

Back