Broken IPhone4 screen, offloading pictures / data

HyperTension

[H]ard|Gawd
OK... My daughter has an iPhone4, to which she dropped, glass broke and the screen will not power on. It is able to be recognized in iTunes, but due to the fact you can't "trust" it due to the screen being broken, I'm stuck.....

Uninstalled all things Apple on my PC, allowed W7 to autoinstall drivers and I now have access to her pictures (which she wants saved, hence the offload), but under DCIM, the folder is completely empty (have enabled view hidden files in folder options).

What options do I have with backing up/offloading her data with this thing? I'm personally not a fan of Apple due this, and that only enhances the frustration.

Attempted to use Leawo iOS data recovery and iPhonebox, but again, being how I am unable to "trust" anything due to screen being damaged, I'm up the creek.

Suggestions, recommendations are extremely appreciated

Was the phone being backed up to iCloud? All of her stuff is probably sitting on an Apple server and easily recovered by damn near any working iOS device.

You don't need to trust anything in order to use iOS data recovery.

I'm not sure if this is the same version you have but it claims to be free
http://ios-data-recover.com/how-to-transfercopy-contactsphotos-from-screen-broken-iphone4-to-pc/

In any case, it will be kind of difficult to do since the screen won't come on but you need to put the phone in DFU mode (for either recovery tool). In order to do that you have to plug the phone in, turn the phone off by holding the button for enough time, then hold the power button for 3 seconds, then hold both the power and the home button for exactly 10 seconds, then let go of the power button while continuing to hold the home button. after a while iTunes will tell you that it's detected a device that is in recover mode. now you're in DFU mode and should be able to use the iOS data recovery program you have. then you can restore that to her new phone and have a nice long talk about the importance of backing up one's data.

Back