Broke Win7RC~Help PLZ

VA Supremacy

Limp Gawd
I somehow manage to get Win7 to pop up that it needs repair.

It quit working right and froze up a few times before.

I was trying to install Power DVD 7 Ultra and Power DVD 7.3 BD Edition.

Only Power DVD 7.3 BD Edition Installed with upgrades. Ultra couldn't get the upgrades.

Anyway It sent something to Microsoft after saying it can't repair it.

So can I re-install Win 7RC and use my Serial Number again?

Or Am I screwed?

Thanks

yeah you can use it again.

It's a RC so you can use it as many times as you want....AFAIK

then do i do clean install?

How the hell do I dual boot Vista and Win7 on Asus M3n78 Pro? 2 IDE=/PATA Western Digital Caviar Hard drives

then do i do clean install?

How the hell do I dual boot Vista and Win7 on Asus M3n78 Pro? 2 IDE=/PATA Western Digital Caviar Hard drives

You don't need to do a whole new installation. You can either do a System Restore to the time before the system got messed up or do a repair. And why the heck would you want to dual boot it with with crappy Vista?

You don't need to do a whole new installation. You can either do a System Restore to the time before the system got messed up or do a repair. And why the heck would you want to dual boot it with with crappy Vista?

Its the main OS and everything is near perfect in that setup. Win7 seems to have a few hiccups with some things like PowerDVD that I'm using fine in Vista.

Anyway its my HTPC.

Is there a program to use so I don't go into the BIOS all the time?

Its the main OS and everything is near perfect in that setup. Win7 seems to have a few hiccups with some things like PowerDVD that I'm using fine in Vista.

Anyway its my HTPC.

Is there a program to use so I don't go into the BIOS all the time?

Powerdvd just doesn't work properly with it no matter what version on Windows 7 especially playing Bluray. That's why I'm using ArcSoft Total Media Theatre 3. Works nicely but hopefully you have a good clock on your CPU.

If you want to dual boot. Create another partition if you have enough space for it or run it in VM.

I have it on 2 separate drives so does only going into the BIOS the only option? I don't get VM, how the hell do I use it that way?

cpu: AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ AM2 3.1Ghz

Right-click the Command Prompt item in the start Menu and choose 'Run as Administrator'. Doing so 'elevates' the command line to enjoy full administrator privileges.

Powerdvd just doesn't work properly with it no matter what version on Windows 7 especially playing Bluray. That's why I'm using ArcSoft Total Media Theatre 3. Works nicely but hopefully you have a good clock on your CPU.

If you want to dual boot. Create another partition if you have enough space for it or run it in VM.

Dude thanks, I just installed a Blu-Ray drive in my comp and I hated using PowerDVD.

EDIT: Looks as if I spoke too soon, whenever I try to play a movie it says it's stopped working.

Last edited:
Dude thanks, I just installed a Blu-Ray drive in my comp and I hated using PowerDVD.

EDIT: Looks as if I spoke too soon, whenever I try to play a movie it says it's stopped working.

You need to install the totalmediatheatre_3.0.1.120_3.0.1.140_update_all upate.

You would run it under the OS that's having issues. You should have a shortcut in your start menu for the command prompt. Right click on that. Normally, I'd say to run a VM, but it sounds like you'd want to read up on that. Check out VirtualBox.

Best way forward (IMO) is to nuke existing partitions on the drive and start over with new partitions and a new clean install. If you experience drive related errors after doing that then you've confirmed that it's a hardware problem rather than just a corrupted installation, and resultingly the best course of action would be to bin the drive and replace it with a new one.

Having to install on the Western Digital 640gb Green Cavier SATA I got to install Win7 in the first place. It will be on a partiion since I've used a bit of it already.

Would the Western Digital IDE/PATA 160GB be going bad? Since I can't use it for Win7 would it be safe as an extra disk?

Anyone know where the hell I starte with VM? like a website that noobies can easily follow and understand?

You don't need a website for a VM. Download VirtualBox and install it. Then, follow the wizards for setting up a VM. The OS install will go much faster if you have your OS discs on your hard drive as .iso files.

Anyway I can't seem to install Win7 on the SATA WD hard drive.
The Installation hanged.

So would it be better to build a dedicated Win7 rig? Since the IDE WD hard drive seems to have problems updating and some other stuff and I can't install on the SATA one.

I would work on finding out why the install hung, or hanged, as some would say. Run through your normal hardware diags, and try a new disc burned on a slow speed.

I tried 8x in Vista now however I can't install at all. Maybe if I retry the first disc It will work this time.

I'll try it Saturday or Sunday. I practically have to rebuild the machine just for Win7 it seems.

Installed nicely, running nicely still missing 2 drivers

Nmediapc ZE-C98 and something about the CoProccessor which I don't understand.

The rating is 5.9 which is faster than the first installation and faster than Vista:)

Do I do the VM in both or just Win7?

Tried Sun Virtual Box I gave up when it messed up my internet connection and couldn't register the product and I would have to reinstall Win7 that way in a Virtual Drive as oppose to using the parition I've already installed too.

Are there any guides or wiki or something that exlains all this ?

VirtualBox comes with a user guide, but it's really just an extra step or two different than a normal install. Install VirtualBox, point the wizard to the .iso files of the OS you want to install, and let it go. Then, it is a normal install process for whatever OS you are running in the VM. VirtualBox shouldn't mess with your network connection if you leave it at the default.

Back