Broke something because of WII

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've logged about 40 hours playing without the wrist strap and I haven't so much as dropped the remote, much less thrown it and broken anything. These people are just getting overly excited and probably playing without discretion for anything.

I've found there are two ways to play with the games.

A minimalist approach and the I don't know wtf I'm doing approach (so real life takes over)

Take the concept of swinging the racket in Wii Sports Tennis. You can do a real motion which is pretty fun and a bit frustrating if you know "how" to return a ball in tennis and find the ball going perfectly back to the opponent.

Then again you can sit on your ass flick your wrist and still get the same returns and serves. The game gets far boring at this point though. You also open your arm to carpal tunnel while the previous can give you tennis elbow.

Most people will try to associate the "real motion" except they don't actually know the real motion, only what they've seen on TV, in addition will give it all they have despite not having the initial skill to back it up. The result is a very awkward overpowered motion that resembles the motion that ends up whipping the controller across the room.

stop posting in this moron's thread, he just started to get post and troll on people in the sale/trade forum.

My opponent in boxing broke my face. Pretty realistic if you ask me.

Nothing broken just yet, but my son while playing boxing actually punched my TV-- I kept telling him to step back!

inotocracy said:
Nothing broken just yet, but my son while playing boxing actually punched my TV-- I kept telling him to step back!
Kids these days. Putting holes through HDTVs instead of windows.

I picked up the Wii remote for the first time today on a demo machine. How someone can possible let go of the thing is beyond me. Originally I thought the thing was heavy, and that's how it managed to make those loud thuds and crack tv screens as seen in the youtube videos.

But when I picked it up the thing weighed nothing! It felt like a hollow piece of plasic. I don't get how it can possibly slip out of your hands unless you just ate a bag of Lays potato chips without washing your hands afterwards.

I cant remember the name of the site, but there is a site keeping a running tally with picture os everything the wiimote has destroyed so far, hehehe.

krameriffic said:
I've logged about 40 hours playing without the wrist strap and I haven't so much as dropped the remote, much less thrown it and broken anything. These people are just getting overly excited and probably playing without discretion for anything.

You're too nice :). The people who're smashing things are idiots who go overboard and don't pay enough attention to their surroundings, LOL.

jaguax said:
I picked up the Wii remote for the first time today on a demo machine. How someone can possible let go of the thing is beyond me. Originally I thought the thing was heavy, and that's how it managed to make those loud thuds and crack tv screens as seen in the youtube videos.

But when I picked it up the thing weighed nothing! It felt like a hollow piece of plasic. I don't get how it can possibly slip out of your hands unless you just ate a bag of Lays potato chips without washing your hands afterwards.

Uh, if you thought it felt like a hollow piece of plastic, you weren't holding a Wii Remote. They ARE a bit heavy, and quite sturdy.

You may have been holding a PS3 controller if it was that light and frail :D

"How someone can possible let go of the thing is beyond me."

:rolleyes: Yup, I do not even use the strap. Never even close to dropping it.

"Broke something because of their own stupidity"

Thread Title Fixed. :D

(What the hell is wrong with people? These things don't just slip out of your hand)

I haven't had it slip from my hand once either. I have wanted to throw it in frustration, but have refrained so far so I won't break anything.

I did get carried away playing Tennis and hit the bulbs hanging from the ceiling fan. I have broke four bulbs so far. I think I am going to take them out and get a lamp. My mother was bowling and her Maltese had its head hanging off of the edge of the couch. She hit the dog in the head with the Wiimote during her backswing.

That is a favorable thing about throwing a corded controller. I don't think anybody ever broke a TV with something like an SNES controller (not that I would have ever thrown one while playing Super Mario World :rolleyes: ) (Yes, Tubular, I am looking at you...).

wiimotecopy.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back