Broke screen on nexus replacable?

KarsusTG

2[H]4U
As the title says, my 6 year old Niece broke (shattered) the screen on my nexus 7 (original 16gb version.) It still turns on and displays, but only half the screen responds to touch. Is it repairable or am I buying a new one?

All I can say after attempting to fix my HTC DNA after the screen cracked is it's not as easy it may look, so please be careful. I had previously fixed quite a few iPods, but that didn't translate over very much. The 'oem' replacement digitizer I purchased off ebay's cable to connect it to the main board was too long. Now, whenever you put the back of the case on it, it bundles up and pulls out slightly creating dead spots. I also had to use a hair dryer to warm up the adhesive that held the digitizer to take it off before prying it apart, which was a pain. Taking the cracked digitizer off ruined the LCD screen, so I had to order a new one as well. So, in my attempt to save 70 bucks in not having to pay the insurance fee it ended up the same, and now my phone doesn't even work properly. Totallllly not worth it.

It looks like the Nexus requires less work to disassemble, but just something to take into consideration.

Not an easy fix by any means doable if you have replaced other android screen like an s3 or 4 or note but don't go in thinking you have the skills if you replaced a iPhone 4 screen or iPad screen its a different beast all together

Back