Broke SATA power plug: advice?

Mnx4

[H]ard|Gawd
So I got a new hard drive today and while installing it, I managed to break the old drive that I was replacing:

ie06xw.jpg

The part that the power prongs lie on snapped off due to a cable that got stuck (I honestly thought the horrid sound was the cable wrapping that was rubbing against the case:(). It still works, though the power plug barely hangs on. I managed to quickly clone the drive to the new one, so I'm good there.

Would you guys recommend fixing that? If so, will a dab of glue/epoxy/superglue work? Or just count my blessings I got my data off and toss it?

Cheers,
Mnx4

I did the same thing to one of my drives. just glued it back on and ziptied the power cord to the hard drive rack so it would stay in place. Drives been working for 2 years since the incident.

I did the same thing to one of my drives. just glued it back on and ziptied the power cord to the hard drive rack so it would stay in place. Drives been working for 2 years since the incident.
I would probably do that but zip tie a power adapter or power extension cable there instead and that way you could still unplug the drive (leaving the cable still attached) without having to undo zip ties.

not sure how yours broke, but his already looks like a ground short ready to happen. That can't be a good thing for a psu.

Thanks for the advice. I've got a spare adapter lying around somewhere. Gonna have to use one anyway, seeing as it messed up two of my SATA power plugs as well...

As far as glue goes, any recommendations? I've got superglue but I know that doesn't mix well with some plastics.

Back