Broke my 23" Cinema HD Display :(

sigmend

[H]ard|Gawd
First of all, it is not as bad as you think, the LCD itself is still intact.

How it happened:
I was sitting playing World Of Warcraft when my display started to slowly angle down until I heard a loud and startling crack noise. At this point I jumped up and caught the display before it took a tumble off the desk.

What happened:
The foot cracked up at the hinge (Foot assembly $14)
When I was unscrewing the screw to the foot, I managed to strip a over tightened screw (Pack of a few of em' $4)
The hinge broke, it will no longer hold any weight (Hinge assembly $8)
No shipping, apparently.
Total damage $26.
As I am a Apple tech, so I don't have to pay anyone for the parts other than apple. (some places have markup on parts) and I don't need to pay anyone for the repair.

I guess I got of kinda lucky seeing that the LCD itself is still intact, but still, this sucks :(

Now I am stuck using my 17" fuzzy LCD until Tuesday :(

Garage81 said:
angle that thing against the well, or put it in a plate holder!
Well I would, but that is kinda asking for trouble.
I don't want to inflict more damage than I already have.

synergyo1 said:
Is there any particular reason it broke?
Not that I can think of.
In fact now that I think about it, it doesn't make any sense that any of it broke.
I suppose that the parts got fatigued or something....

Interesting. I've never seen that happen with the apple screens. By reading the subjust though I had figured you had knocked it off a desk or something. O well guess you are lucky. You could have smashed the display.

Korgun said:
poor manufacturing?

*runs*

i'm glad your screen is fine though :)

no need to run ;) could just be a bad part since nothing is perfect, could have been tightened down a little too much or too much preasure at some point was put on the hing assy and caused this

Back