Brink is free on steam now

Wow. That's a blast from the past. I don't remember the how's and why's, but that game got a TON of hype before it came out. The final product was just a very basic team shooter with a bunch of pointless parkour moves that did nothing. I don't know if I've ever dropped a game that quickly.

That is cool I have the original disk but I have it installed already. Dirty Bomb is basically the new incarnate baby of what Brink was suppose to be.
Hell Dirty Bomb is still in Beta but they just added a map I never seen before last week.
Dirty Bomb is a really fun game and the community isn't half bad unless they vote kick you I haven't been kicked because usually they kick disconnected players.

That is cool I have the original disk but I have it installed already. Dirty Bomb is basically the new incarnate baby of what Brink was suppose to be.
Hell Dirty Bomb is still in Beta but they just added a map I never seen before last week.
Dirty Bomb is a really fun game and the community isn't half bad unless they vote kick you I haven't been kicked because usually they kick disconnected players.

just downloaded dirty bomb because of what you posted, can't believe i haven't heard of this game before, shits fun as hell.

Wow. That's a blast from the past. I don't remember the how's and why's, but that game got a TON of hype before it came out. The final product was just a very basic team shooter with a bunch of pointless parkour moves that did nothing. I don't know if I've ever dropped a game that quickly.
No doubt. I remember being all about this title, then it released and it was just a massive fail. I think i put in 4 hours before it got shelved

Brink came out in 2011 I picked it up the same year as Duke Nukem Forever

This was supposed to be the next big game.....fell pretty flat if I remember right.

Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
I DL'd it and everytime I go to start game, i immediately get a windows pop up saying the game experienced a crash and windows can not start it (Something to that effect) It only gets as far as the Beshesda splash screen on desktop, then POOF, windows crash pop up comes right up. WTH!!! Anyone know a fix for this? I googled to no avail

If I remember right, it fell flatter than the original Titanfall (which was was accused of falling pretty flat itself).

Yes.

It honestly stands out to me still as one of the worst examples of that in at least recent times.

I fell for the hype myself. Signs of potential were there but that's all it ever was. It was like some kind of overglorified alpha or beta.

Yeah I got it in the Orange box set Valve came out with years ago. Got thru the campaign and tried the mp only to be greeted by about 4 other lost souls in the lobby. Felt like a shitty TF2 clone with none of the fun.

Yes.

It honestly stands out to me still as one of the worst examples of that in at least recent times.

I fell for the hype myself. Signs of potential were there but that's all it ever was. It was like some kind of overglorified alpha or beta.

Me too. Actually it had potential like you say, and I did have some pretty fun moments. Some of the locations were fairly interesting. The main thing that bugged me was the 30FPS cap. You could later get around it in some (not all) modes of play, but that REALLY hampered the game for me. For something that's supposed to have a quick flow, some semi-acrobatic-parkourish movement, and accurate gunplay, 30FPS was just STUPID!!! It had other flaws, but I was able to overlook a lot of them. That one I could not for a game like this. What made it even worse is that these guys know (or knew) how to make this style of game from their Enemy Territory games. (I particularly liked ET:QW.) The game had a lot of great concepts, and a pretty cool setting. It just didn't tie it all together in a nice polished package, and the devs didn't seem to want to listen on what could have really improved it. I think they just ditched it as fast as they could and started on their next project. At least, that's kind of how it felt. (despite there being a DLC for it, and some subsequent patching)

Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
Back