Brink DLC free...for first two weeks

Plague_Injected

Supreme [H]ardness
From Bethesda's blog:

...as long as you download [the DLC] Agents of Change during the first two weeks it’s available, you’ll always be able to play for free. It’s only after the first two weeks that folks will have to purchase the content on Xbox LIVE, PSN, or Steam. Hope that clears up any confusion.

Nice enough gesture. The trick is: Does anyone even care?

Good question, seems it will drive some sales before the two weeks are up?

Nobody is playing Brink now. I am glad I never purchased it lol

yea we'll see after dlc comes out, player stats are pretty sad at this point.

They need to put Brink up on a Steam sale the day this hits. It looks lke theyve made a couple of nice patches to iron out some of the launch issues. From what ive read, if you enjoy the gameplay its pretty solid now. They need to get people playing again, i would purchase it if on sale. Maybe even a free weekend but Im afraid this may turn into a UT3 situation. The game was patched and greatly improved but everyone had already jumped ship. I miss UT3 :/.

Sent from my iPad.

Uninstalled a week after playing. For a game that looks like that it shouldn't be getting terrible fps on my 5850.

They've definitely made some improvements however I'm still finding it tough to get into. There's something about the Weapons/Damage that I just can't get the hang of.

Nobody is playing Brink now. I am glad I never purchased it lol

I'm a "nobody" then. Still playing and enjoying it. Not the best game ever, but fun enough when played with people that actually play as a team.

They need to put Brink up on a Steam sale the day this hits. It looks lke theyve made a couple of nice patches to iron out some of the launch issues. From what ive read, if you enjoy the gameplay its pretty solid now. They need to get people playing again, i would purchase it if on sale. Maybe even a free weekend but Im afraid this may turn into a UT3 situation. The game was patched and greatly improved but everyone had already jumped ship. I miss UT3 :/.

I miss UT3 as well. :(

I wish more people would be into playing it.

I miss UT3 as well. :(

I wish more people would be into playing it.

MP games don't seem to survive a bad launch these days. Even after the issues are fixed, UT3 is really quite good now, the bad mojo sticks with them.

Nice enough gesture. The trick is: Does anyone even care?

Exactly what I was thinking, this game is dead. Too little, too late Splash Damage. Numbers may shoot up for a couple of weeks, but will drop again. Less than 300 players on today as of 7:30 PM PST...

This game had some potential, but it always looked way too repetitive to me.

Exactly what I was thinking, this game is dead. Too little, too late Splash Damage. Numbers may shoot up for a couple of weeks, but will drop again. Less than 300 players on today as of 7:30 PM PST...

Didn't know it was that bad. 300 concurrent :(

I was keeping tabs on the previews as they were released and I loved the games they were looking to combine (Mirror's Edge, TF2, Borderlands?) so it's a bummer to see the game do poorly.

Same here.

I was keeping tabs on the previews as they were released and I loved the games they were looking to combine (Mirror's Edge, TF2, Borderlands?) so it's a bummer to see the game do poorly.

I have to say I think this game got a really bad launch. I bought it day one because a friend of mine said it was amazing only to get home and be incredibly disappointed with it. But after a week or so and they rolled out the patches the game got better and better. I think if people were to give it a chance now and play with some friends (like a free game weekend) The game would grow a lot.

well it's really closer to 1k but that's still pretty piss poor. there are years old indie shooters like killing floor doing consistently better than that, with co-op only.

well it's really closer to 1k but that's still pretty piss poor. there are years old indie shooters like killing floor doing consistently better than that, with co-op only.

No accounting for taste, I suppose. I can overlook performance issues and bugs if the actual game design is solid. I can be patient with that. The only thing that actually gets me angry and opinionated in games is poor design or clunky mechanics.

Brink seems to be a solidly designed game with performance issues. Bought Killing Floor and I just can't make myself play it for more than one life at a time, it feels so unresponsive and cumbersome.

Heh, can't find anyone else talking about this game, so I figured I'd post here. Has anyone been able to force more 4XAA or 8XAA? I think the game is pretty fun for what it is, and a cool art style, but I just wish I could get rid of the jaggies. :(

No accounting for taste, I suppose. I can overlook performance issues and bugs if the actual game design is solid. I can be patient with that. The only thing that actually gets me angry and opinionated in games is poor design or clunky mechanics.

Brink seems to be a solidly designed game with performance issues. Bought Killing Floor and I just can't make myself play it for more than one life at a time, it feels so unresponsive and cumbersome.

that's interesting since I would've said the exact opposite, if I was going to blame it on the controls. kf is about as old school as it gets these days, perfect melee/hip firing/iron sight mechanics and bullet spread, pure and unpolluted with console code for auto/sticky aim and such. perhaps you have bigger problems with mouse calibration or something preventing you from proper control.

not to mention the fact that they have had more custom and official content added to the game in their first few months of release, than brink will probably ever see in its short lifetime. still no sdk in sight here, something that would have given them a major boost in popularity, without them having to lift a finger otherwise.

that's interesting since I would've said the exact opposite, if I was going to blame it on the controls. kf is about as old school as it gets these days, perfect melee/hip firing/iron sight mechanics and bullet spread, pure and unpolluted with console code for auto/sticky aim and such. perhaps you have bigger problems with mouse calibration or something preventing you from proper control.

not to mention the fact that they have had more custom and official content added to the game in their first few months of release, than brink will probably ever see in its short lifetime. still no sdk in sight here, something that would have given them a major boost in popularity, without them having to lift a finger otherwise.

The weapon firing is ok, but the movement and inventory controls are kind of weak. I dunno, I guess it's just not for me.

I have to say I think this game got a really bad launch. I bought it day one because a friend of mine said it was amazing only to get home and be incredibly disappointed with it. But after a week or so and they rolled out the patches the game got better and better. I think if people were to give it a chance now and play with some friends (like a free game weekend) The game would grow a lot.

I have to agree here. I was really turned off by the gameplay on day 1. I actually didn't touch it for a week or two, I just noticed the updates getting downloaded on steam in the background.

I didn't check the changelogs but the game runs much smoother and it feels better all around now. People die when I shoot them now so that's a plus.

Yeah thats pretty much what I did but after that I do have to say I love the game now. The game play is very unique which makes it very fun in my opinion. I find myself trying to run and jump over stuff when I play other games. I do wish they had made the game more open though. In many ways it can be very narrow and confining.

Back